WeChat, the free messaging and calling app now allows you to make free video calls in groups. WeChat rolled out a feature called Video Calls for Groups which allows you to make a video call with upto nine people in a group. Users can now start a video call in a group chat with up to nine people or can choose audio only for group voice calls.
How to start free video calls for groups?
- Click the + menu and select “Video Call” within a group chat
- Choose members to join
- Wait for friends to accept your invite and then start chatting
- One can also choose to turn off “Video” for a group voice call
“WeChat has always strived to introduce innovative features for its users. With the launch of Video Call for Groups feature, we hope to add more value to our users’ communication needs. Users can have group video calling in real-time with a single tap on WeChat. School and college buddies can connect face to face instantly and so can the office teams on WeChat.” said Nilay Arora, Country Head & Vice President – Marketing and Business Development for WeChat India.
Along with the announcement of Group Video Calls, WeChat also announced the Group Notices feature where it’s ensured that the notice posted in the group is received by everyone in the group. Group creators can now post Group Notices “mentioning” all members for the most important news.
How to use Group Notices feature?
- Within a group chat, click the profile icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap “Group Notice”
- Then create a text post that all members in the group chat will be notified with a special alert.
Both the Android and iOS users can make use of these newly announced features.
Download link for Android users.
Download link for iOS users.