As we were expecting, HTC took the centre stage and has announced its flagship Windows Phone 8 OS running Windows Phone 8X HTC (better known as HTC 8X) smartphone officially.
- 4.3 inch Super LCD 2 720p display
- Gorilla Glass Protection
- Polycarbonateunibody design
- 1.5 GHz Dual-Core Snapdragon S4 chipset
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB Internal storage
- Windows Phone 8 OS
- 8 MP camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 2.1 MP front facing camera
- Beats Audio
- Dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, NFC, Bluetooth 2.1, microUSB
The 2.1 MP front-facing camera is also able to record 1080p HD, and uses a special ultra-wide angle 88-degree lens so that it can fit up to four people in-frame simultaneously.
HTC seems to have inked an agreement with Microsoft to make the 8X the “signature handset” of Windows Phone 8 and we wonder how this would go down with Nokia.
The HTC 8X will be available in four colour options: Blue, Black, Yellow and Red but are region dependant. The roll out of the HTC 8X will be starting from November 2012, though no specific dates have been specified.