Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 announced with Snapdragon 835 SoC, 5.99-inch display and bezel-less design
The wait is over. The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 has been finally announced by the company at an event held in Beijing, China. The Mi MIX 2 is successor to last year’s Mi MIX, and, like its predecessor, flaunts a bezel-less design.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 flaunts a bezel-less design having ceramic body and aluminium frame. It sports a 5.99-inch full screen display having an aspect ratio of 18:9. While the display on the Mi MIX 2 is a bit smaller than the 6.44-inch display found on the Mi MIX. The resolution has been actually bumped up from 2040 x 1080 pixels on the Mi MIX to 2160 x 1080 pixels on the Mi MIX 2.
Above the display is a hidden sound guided speaker, and, Xiaomi has made use of the “cantilever piezoelectric ceramic acoustic technology” which resonates the sound through metal frame to keep the bezels minimal. Moreover, the 5 MP front camera is located below the display, just like we saw on the Mi MIX. For regular shots, there’s a 12 MP single camera at the back which is similar to the primary camera that we have seen on the Mi 6.
Below the camera is the fingerprint scanner for additional security. Also, the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is powered by Qualcomm’s flagship Snapdragon 835 SoC which is laced with 6 GB RAM or 8 GB RAM. The 6 GB RAM variant is offered in 64 GB, 128 GB and 256 GB internal storage variants. The 8 GB RAM variant though is the Special Edition which comes with only 128 GB storage option.
The difference between the standard Mi MIX 2 and the Special Edition is that while the former comes with ceramic back and 7-Series aluminium alloy frame, the latter is made completely out of ceramic.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB (8 GB in Special Edition)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Sony IMX386 with 4-axis OIS, 1.25 micron sensor, f/1.8 aperture and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 64/128/256 GB (Special Edition only comes with 128 GB)
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C (no 3.5 mm headphone jack)
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Standard Edition comes in Black color whereas the Special Edition is offered in Black as well as White color
- Battery: 3400 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 Price and Availability
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: RMB 3299 (around $506/₹32,341)
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: RMB 3599 (around $552/₹35,282)
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 256 GB storage variant: RMB 3999 (around $613/₹39,204)
- Price of Mi MIX 2 Special Edition (8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage): RMB 4699 (around $721/₹46,066)
- Availability: To be announced