We have been hearing about the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S since the past few weeks. The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S will succeed the Mi MIX 2 launched last year and is expected to be unveiled later this month at Mobile World Congress (MWC). While we have already seen several renders showing off the design of this smartphone, a leaked firmware finally confirms the existence of this smartphone while also revealing some of its specifications.
The folks over at XDA Developers have reportedly got hold of firmware of Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S, and, as usual, they dug through the firmware to find some information. And they did. While going through the source code of the firmware, XDA found out that the Mi MIX 2S will indeed be powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC which is the latest and greatest chip Qualcomm offers.
Furthermore, the firmware also reveals that the phone will pack a 3400 mAh battery and run Android 8.0 Oreo. Well, if this actually turns out to be true and if Xiaomi indeed unveils the phone at MWC, then the Mi MIX 2S will be the first Xiaomi smartphone to run Android Oreo out of the box.
That said, other tidbits of information found in the firmware include a screen with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels, which means 18:9 aspect ratio. Moreover, it looks like the camera on the Mi MIX 2S, which could be a Sony IMX363 sensor, will come with scene recognition. Besides, the phone will have the usual slew of features found on other Xiaomi smartphones like dual SIM support, IR blaster, and, an LED light for notifications.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S Rumored Specifications
- CPU: 2.8 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: MIUI 9 based on Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Full-Screen 3.0 display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Sony IMX363 Dual Camera with Optical Zoom
- Internal Storage: 256 GB UFS 2.1
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Under-Display Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster, Scene Recognition
- Battery: 3400 mAh
We will hear more about the Xiaomi Mi MIX 2S in the coming days if Xiaomi is indeed planning to unveil it at MWC that kicks off later this month.