After unveiling it in China, Xiaomi has launched its 4th generation of the Redmi series, the Xiaomi Redmi 4 in India. The Redmi 4 is the budget smartphone priced at ₹6,999 boasts a 4,100 mAh battery that ensures a 2-day battery life.
The Redmi 4 flaunts a new design, it uses an aluminum body with gorgeous rounded corners and tapered edges, a similar approach we saw in the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. It has a 5-inch HD display with 2.5D curved glass on top. At the back, there’s a fingerprint scanner that unlocks the device in 0.3 seconds. It comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, however, you can switch to the Nougat preview out of the box.
The Xiaomi Redmi 4 is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 Soc having eight Cortex-A53 processors clocked at 1.4 GHz laced with a 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of storage that can be expanded up to 128 GB via MicroSD. Nowadays these specs are way too mainstream for the entry level category. Further, it sports a large 4,100 mAh battery providing the phone 2 days battery life and 18 hours standby time.
On the camera side, it has a 13 MP f/2.0 camera with LED flash and a 5 MP f/2.2 camera on the front side with no flash. Both the cameras can be able to capture 1080p videos. The Xiaomi Redmi 4 is 4G supported with VoLTE calling on hybrid SIM slot. You can either use it as a dual SIM or single SIM with a MicroSD expansion.
Xiaomi Vice President and India Managing Director, Manu Jain said,
“Redmi 3S was one of the most popular smartphones last year. We sold more than 4 million units of Redmi 3S during the life cycle of the product. Today we are thrilled to announce Redmi 4, which is an upgrade to Redmi 3S. Each of our Redmi devices has redefined the affordable smartphone segment in India, and we believe Redmi 4 too will meet the expectations of Mi Fans users who want high-quality devices at an affordable price.
We are committed to launching several of our ecosystem products in India and bringing technological innovations to everyone. With the fast growing internet population in the country, we saw a big gap in the current router market. With amazing smart features and a game-changing price, Mi Router 3C is set to disrupt the router market in India.”
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Specifications
- Display: 5.0-inch HD IPS Display (1280 x 720 pixels resolution | 296 ppi)
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back
- Software: MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- CPU: Up to 1.4 GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (MSM8940), 28nm LP
- GPU: Adreno 505
- Memory: 2 GB OR 3 GB RAM, LPDDR3
- Storage: 16 GB or 32 GB internal storage, MicroSD up to 128 GB (Hybrid Slot)
- Main Camera: 13 MP f/2.0, single LED flash, 1080p video @30fps
- Front Camera: 5 MP f/2.2, 1080p video @30fps
- Connectivity: Micro USB, 3.5 mm stereo jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS (A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Compass
- Cellular: 4G LTE network support, Micro + Nano SIM both GSM, SIM2 as MicroSD, VoLTE-enabled
- Battery: 4,100 mAh (non-removable)
- Dimensions: 139.2 mm x 70 mm x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Mate Black
- Price: 2 GB RAM 16 GB Storage – ₹6,999
3 GB RAM 32 GB Storage – ₹8,999
4 GB RAM 64 GB Storage – ₹10,999
Xiaomi Redmi 4 Price in India and Availability:
The Redmi 4 is priced at ₹6,999 for 16 GB variant. There are two more variants of 32 GB and 64 GB both priced at ₹8,999 and 10,999 respectively.
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 (2 GB RAM 16 GB Storage) – ₹6,999
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 (3 GB RAM 32 GB Storage) – ₹8,999
- Xiaomi Redmi 4 (4 GB RAM 64 GB Storage) – ₹10,999
The device is available on online on Amazon and Mi.com as well as on the new Mi Home.