Xiaomi Redmi 9A powered by Helio G25 SoC goes official in India
As expected, Xiaomi has today launched a new budget smartphone in the Indian market under its Redmi brand, dubbed as Xiaomi Redmi 9A. The phone was first introduced in June this year.
The Redmi 9A features a 6.53-inch HD+ IPS display that offers 1600 x 720 pixels screen resolution and a 20:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the device is powered by MediaTek Helio G25 SoC.
As for the memory configuration, it packs 2 GB LPDDR4x RAM and 32 GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage. There’s also another variant with 3 GB of RAM. The phone has a dedicated microSD card slot for expanding the storage capacity.
In the camera department, it comes with a 13 MP snapper on the back and a 5 MP snapper upfront for taking selfies and video calling. The phone supports 4G connectivity and has P2i coating making it splash-proof.
The smartphone is running Android 10 operating system with the company’s own MIUI 12 custom user interface. The device is powered by a 5000 mAh battery and supports 10W charging.
The Xiaomi Redmi 9A comes in three color options in the Indian market — Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green. The 2 GB RAM model costs ₹ while the 3 GB RAM variant is priced at ₹
Xiaomi Redmi 9A Specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch HD+ IPS dot display with 1600 x 720 pixels screen resolution and 20:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G25 processor
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 2/3 GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Storage: 32 GB eMMC 5.1 storage; expandable up to 512 GB
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Others: Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Connectivity Options: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and micro USB port
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green
- Battery: 5000 mAh battery with 10W charging
Redmi 9A Pricing and Availability in India
- 2 GB + 32 GB: ₹6,799
- 3 GB + 32 GB: ₹7,499
- Availability: From 4th September