Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro with 5.99-inch FHD+, Snapdragon 636 SoC and Dual Rear Cameras launched in India
Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi at an event in New Delhi, India today launched the much awaited Redmi Note 5 smartphone in the country. However, that’s not the only smartphone that has been launched today in India. Xiaomi has also launched the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro in India.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro has a design that’s similar to the Redmi Note 5, at least from the front. Well, that’s because the back of the smartphone looks similar to Apple’s iPhone X. All thanks to the dual camera setup located at the top-left corner of the back of the phone in vertical orientation.
That said the front of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is similar to that of the Redmi Note 5. The Redmi Note 5 Pro sports a 5.99-inch display with a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9. And, just like the Redmi Note 5, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro also doesn’t come with any capacitive navigation buttons, and instead, you have to make do with the on-screen navigation buttons.
Speaking about the innards, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC which is paired with 4 or 6 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 509 GPU. Well, the Redmi Note 5 Pro is also the first smartphone to be powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC.
Having said that, let’s talk about photography now. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a dual camera setup at the back which is a combination of one 12 MP Sony sensor and one 5 MP Samsung sensor. The second 5 MP camera is used to capture depth information so that you can take photos with Bokeh Effect. Well, blurred background, for those unaware of what is Bokeh Effect.
Moving on to the front, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a 20 MP Sony IMX376 sensor which is accompanied by LED Selfie-light so that you can take brighter photos in low-light. Moreover, the front camera also supports Portrait Mode which takes photos with Bokeh Effect. That said, Xiaomi has also introduced Beautify 4.0 with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro that relies on deep learning so that the photos come out much better.
Well, apart from introducing Beautify 4.0, Xiaomi has also introduced Face Unlock which relies on facial recognition to unlock your smartphone. However, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro won’t have this feature available at launch, and, will receive it by the end of March through an OTA update.
Lastly, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro ships with a 4000 mAh battery which keeps the lights on.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4/6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating System: MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) display with 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (Sony IMX486 with f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm sensor) + 5 MP (f/2.0 aperture, 1.12 μm sensor) with EIS, Portrait Mode, Beautify 4.0 and LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP Sony IMX376 with Portrait Mode, Beautify 4.0 and LED Selfie-light
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster, Face Unlock
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold, Lake Blue
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 5V/2A Charging
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Price in India and Availability
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹13,999
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹16,999
- Availability: Available exclusively through Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. First flash sale on February 22. Will also be available through offline stores later on
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Offers
- ₹2200 cashback and 100% additional 4G data from Reliance Jio