Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi at a launch event in New Delhi in India today launched two smartphones – the Redmi Note 5 and the Redmi Note 5 Pro. However, alongside launching two smartphones in the country, Xiaomi has also launched the Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 in India.
The Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 was first launched in China back in January last year. It is 4.9 mm thin and has a 55-inch LED 4K HDR display. However, this display that’s used in the Mi LED TV 4 is sourced from Samsung and boasts a frameless design which makes it look bezel-less.
The Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 is powered by a 64-bit Amlogic quad-core processor that’s paired with 2 GB RAM. It comes with 8 GB of internal storage and has support for Dolby Audio and DTS-HD. In terms of connectivity, the Mi LED TV 4 has 3 HMDI ports, 2 USB ports, one Ethernet port, and, comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0 LE as well.
That said, the Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 runs on PatchWall OS which has been customized especially for the Indian market to bring all the content from your Set Top Box on to the homepage of the TV. And, to help users navigate with ease, the Mi LED TV 4 also ships with an 11-button Bluetooth remote which not only works with the TV, but with the Set Top Box as well.
Xiaomi has also partnered with Hotstar, Voot, Sony LIV, Hungama, Zee, Sun Nxt, ALT Balaji, Viu, TVF, and, Flickstree, to offer 5,00,000 hours worth of content to the customers, 80% of which will be accessible for free.
Moreover, Xiaomi has also introduced Profiles on PatchWall which will recommend content to family members based on their liking. However, it will be rolled out later this year. Also, speaking about content, Xiaomi is supporting 48 DTH/Cable brands on the Mi LED TV 4 from across the country.
Besides, Xiaomi has also introduced Mi IR Cable, priced at ₹299, that would help you connect your Mi TV with the Set Top Box.
Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 Features
- CPU: Amlogic 64-bit quad-core processor
- RAM: 2 GB
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP2
- Operating System: PatchWall
- Display: 55-inch 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels) HDR Frameless Display
- Storage: 8 GB
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, 3x HDMI, 2x USB, Ethernet
- Other: Dolby Audio, DTS-HD, 5,00,000+ hours of content, 11-button Bluetooth remote
- Thickness: 4.9 mm thin
Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹39,999
- Availability: Available exclusively through Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. First flash sale on February 22. Will also be available through offline stores later on
Xiaomi Mi LED TV 4 Limited Time Offers (first 3 months)
- 3 months free subscription to Sony LIV and Hungama Play worth ₹619
- Free Mi IR Cable worth ₹299
- Free On-site Installation