Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 with 5.99-inch FHD+ display, Snapdragon 625 SoC and 4000 mAh battery launched in India
The last smartphone that Xiaomi launched in India was the Redmi 5A, which was back in November last year. Now, after more than two months, Xiaomi has launched its first smartphone of 2018 in India, and, it’s none other than the most awaited Xiaomi Redmi Note 5.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is successor to the Redmi Note 4 that was launched in India last year. The Redmi Note 4 has been immensely successful for Xiaomi in India, and, with the launch of Redmi Note 5, the company would be looking to repeat that success again.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, like the Redmi Note 4, is a budget smartphone. The back of the Redmi Note 5 looks similar to its predecessor, however, it’s the front of this smartphone which is its biggest highlight. While the Redmi Note 4 sported a traditional 5.5-inch display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio, the Redmi Note 5 boasts a larger 5.99-inch display that has a resolution of 2160 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18:9, which is what’s currently trending in the market.
Well, switching to this tall display has resulted in reduced bezels on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, and hence, the capacitive navigation buttons that we saw on the Redmi Note 4 below the display have now been replaced with the on-screen navigation buttons on the Redmi Note 5.
That said, what remains unchanged is the chip that powers this smartphone. Yes, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is still powered by Snapdragon 625 SoC which also powered last year’s Redmi Note 4. However, unlike the Redmi Note 4 that came in three memory variants, the Redmi Note 5 comes in only two variants – 3 GB RAM + 32 GB internal storage, and, 4 GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage. Of course, you also have the option to expand the storage via microSD card if you want.
Moving on, the camera department on the Redmi Note 5 comes with a 12 MP camera at the back and a 5 MP camera on the front. There’s also a fingerprint scanner at the back for additional security, and, the phone boots up to MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat. Lastly, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 also ships with a huge 4000 mAh battery that keeps the entire package up and running.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Specifications
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- RAM: 3/4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: MIUI 9 based on Android Nougat
- Display: 5.99-inch Full-HD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) display with 2.5D Curved Gorilla Glass and 18:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with 1.25 μm sensor, f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with LED Selfie-light
- Internal Storage: 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM), 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold, Lake Blue
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 5V/2A Charging
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Price in India and Availability
- Price of 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage variant: ₹9999
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹11,999
- Availability: Available exclusively through Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. First flash sale on February 22. Will also be available through offline stores later on
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Offers
- Ultra-slim case free
- ₹2200 cashback and 100% additional 4G data from Reliance Jio