ASUS ZenFone 4 announced with 5.5-inch FHD display, dual rear cameras and up to 6 GB RAM
As expected, Taiwanese manufacturer ASUS has unveiled its new smartphone – the ASUS ZenFone 4 – at a press event held in Taipei, Taiwan.
The ASUS ZenFone 4 is made out of aluminium and flaunts a uni-body design. The highlight of the ZenFone 4 is the dual camera setup at its back which consists of one 12 MP camera and one 8 MP camera. The 12 MP camera is the standard one whereas the 8 MP camera comes with a wide-angle lens so that you can accommodate more in one photo. There’s also an 8 MP secondary camera on the front for selfies and video calls.
The ASUS ZenFone 4 is offered in two different variants. One is powered by Snapdragon 630 SoC and other with Snapdragon 660 SoC. The Snapdragon 630 variant comes along with 4 GB RAM, whereas, the Snapdragon 660 variant comes with 6 GB RAM.
In terms of storage, the ASUS ZenFone 4 has 64 GB of on-board storage with the external storage expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card. The ZenFone 4 boots up to ZenUI 4.0 based which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, and, keeping the lights on is a 3300 mAh battery that which goes from 0 to 50% in 36 minutes.
ASUS ZenFone 4 specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 630/660 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB (with Snapdragon 630), 6 GB (with Snapdragon 660)
- GPU: Adreno 508 (with Snapdragon 630), Adreno 512 (with Snapdragon 660)
- Operating System: ZenUI 4.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super IPS+ display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Primary Rear Camera: 12 MP Sony IMX362 Dual Pixel with f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 83° field of view, 6p lens, OIS, EIS, PixelMaster 4.0 camera modes, 4K video recording at 30 FPS and dual-tone LED flash
- Secondary Rear Camera: 8 MP with 120˚ wide-angle lens
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture, 84° field of view, 140° Selfie Panorama and PixelMaster 4.0 camera modes
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- SIM: Hybrid Slot (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano-SIM + microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, FM Radio, 3.5 mm headphone, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, DTS (Digital Theater System) Headphone:X™ 7.1 virtual surround sound for headphone support, Dual internal mic with ASUS Noise Reduction Technology
- Colors: Moonlight White, Mint Green and Midnight Black
- Battery: 3300 mAh
ASUS ZenFone 4 Price and Availability:
- Price: Starts at $399 (around ₹25,600)
- Availability: Will be launched in Asia first followed by the launch in Western markets. No specific dates available though.