OnePlus 5 comes with the same display as the one on OnePlus 3T
After so much of leaks and rumors, the OnePlus 5 was finally unveiled yesterday. It’s a successor to last year’s OnePlus 3T and comes with pretty much powerful hardware under the hood. The higher end model even comes with 8 GB RAM. There have also been improvements in other departments, however, it looks like OnePlus stuck with the same display on the OnePlus 5 that was found on the OnePlus 3T (and OnePlus 3).
Roland Quandt from WinFuture has pointed out that the OnePlus 5 comes with the same display that’s found on last year’s OnePlus 3T. The OnePlus 5 comes with a 5.5-inch Full-HD Optic AMOLED display, and, even the OnePlus 3 and 3T come with the same display. To be more specific, OnePlus used the same Samsung S6E3FA5 display panel on OnePlus 5 that it used last year.
However, there’s a slight improvement. The display on the OnePlus 5 now comes with the protection of Gorilla Glass 5 as opposed to Gorilla Glass 4 that was on OnePlus 3. Also, OnePlus has added DCI-P3 color coverage support to the OnePlus 5 display which shows a wider range of colors as compared to the sRGB mode.
Not just that, OnePlus has brought in Reading Mode which automatically changes color temperature of the display based on the lighting in the surrounding environment. This is done with the help of ambient light sensor. So yes, even though the panel on the OnePlus 5 is the same as the one on OnePlus 3, it does come with these added improvements. Besides, it’s one of the best AMOLED panels out there in the market that you can have on a smartphone.
Well, having said that, we personally think this shouldn’t be much of an issue as there’s other stuff worth looking out for in the OnePlus 5 like Snapdragon 835 SoC, up to 8 GB RAM, and of course, the dual cameras at the back. You can check out the OnePlus 5 specifications down below if you haven’t already.
OnePlus 5 specifications:
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass, Gorilla Glass 5 and DCI-P3 color coverage
- Rear Camera: 20 MP (Sony IMX350 with f/2.6 aperture, telephoto lens) + 16 MP (Sony IMX398 with f/1.7 aperture) with Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, Smart Capture, Fast AF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 6 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 8 GB RAM) UFS 2.1 2-Lane
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, CAT12/3CA, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner (unlocks the phone in 0.2 seconds)
- Colors: Slate Gray (64 GB), Midnight Black (128 GB)
- Battery: 3300 mAh with Dash Charge technology
By the way, the OnePlus 5 is launching tomorrow in India in Mumbai. We will know more about the India pricing tomorrow after the launch. Are you going to buy it?