OnePlus shared this information on Twitter by tweeting “The roll-out of OxygenOS 2.2.1 on the #OnePlusX has begun. Tell us what you think!” This new update doesn’t bring Android Marshmallow along, but, it does come with some bug fixes and security patches.
If you don’t remember, OxygenOS 2.2.0 update included Manual mode for Camera app, Save to SD card option in Camera App, USSD bug fix for India, Dual SIM preferences in system settings, OTA app upgrade, and, security patches along with some general bug fixes and optimizations.
However, OxygenOS 2.2.1 update includes the following:
- Fix for data leak while roaming experienced in some regions
- Fix for microphone being muted when using Google Hangouts
- Fix for app drawer not launching when google search bar is hidden
- GMS 3.0 upgrade
- APN update to support Tigo carrier
- Security patch update
- General bug fixes and optimizations
As always, the roll out is incremental. So don’t worry if you don’t get any notification for the update. Also, you can check for the update manually by going to Settings > About phone > System Update.