POCO India has launched its latest 5G mid-range smartphone, the POCO X5 5G in India at a price of ₹18,999. The POCO X5 5G is a tone-down variant of the POCO X5 Pro 5G which was introduced last month. The POCO X5 5G is the newest smartphone in the POCO X5 Series with a 120 Hz AMOLED display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 octa-core SoC, 7 5G bands with dual 5G support, 48 MP AI camera, and 33W charging as some of the highlights of the smartphone.
The POCO X5 5G is the latest smartphone in the POCO X5 Series with features just below its sibling POCO X5 Pro 5G. The POCO X5 5G is about 7.98mm thin and 189 grams in weight, comes with IP53 water-resistant and is available in three color variants – Jaguar Black, Wildcat Blue, and Supernova Green. The smartphone offers support for dual 5G SIM cards and a total of 7 5G bands.
The POCO X5 5G equips a 6.67-inch AMOLED DotDisplay with Full HD+ resolution (2460 x 1080 pixels, 395 ppi pixel density), and 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate. Other display features include 1,200 nits peak brightness, 4,500,000:1 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, Sunlight display, and Reading mode, and it is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
Moving to the cameras, the POCO X5 5G has a triple camera setup on the rear side with 48 MP f/1.8 as the primary camera with 1/2.76 inches sensor size. The secondary cameras include an 8 MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle 118-degree and a 2 MP f/2.4 macro. The front side has a 13 MP f/2.45 selfie camera for selfie and video calling needs.
The POCO X5 5G is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G paired with up to 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage. The GPU on the SoC is an Adreno 619 for gaming and graphics-related tasks. There are a total of two RAM and storage variants – 6 GB RAM and 128 GB storage as the base variant, and 8 GB RAM and 256 GB storage as the top-most variant. The storage can be expanded via microSD card support (hybrid slot – SIM2). The RAM is an LPDDR4X type and the storage is a UFS 2.2 type.
On the battery and charging side, the POCO X5 packs a 5,000 mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging. Other features include a Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock, Hi-Res Audio, USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, IR Blaster, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and a 5G network support with dual SIMs & dual 5G with VoLTE. The smartphone runs on the MIUI 13 For POCO based on the Android 12 operating system.
Commenting on the launch, Himanshu Tandon, Country Head, POCO India said, “Strengthening our position in the mid-range segment, POCO X5 our #The5GAllStar is a perfect amalgamation of technology and innovation. We witnessed an overwhelming response from all over the globe for POCO X5 and the newly launched POCO X5 Pro 5G secured the No.1 smartphone in the month of February on Flipkart in India. We are confident that POCO X5 will be a market disruptor and will further redefine the 5G experience.”
POCO X5 5G Specifications
- Display & Design: 6.67-inch AMOLED DotDisplay, Full HD+ resolution (2400 x 1080 pixels, 395 ppi pixel density), 120 Hz adaptive refresh rate, 1,200 nits peak brightness, 4,500,000:1 aspect ratio, DCI-P3 wide color gamut, Sunlight display, and Reading mode 3.0, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 7.9mm thin, 181 grams weight
- Software: MIUI 13 for POCO, Android 12 operating system
- CPU: 6nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 5G octa-core SoC clocked up to 2.2 GHz (2x 2.2 GHz Cortex-A77 Kryo 660 cores + 6x 1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 Kryo 660 cores)
- GPU: Adreno 619 Graphics
- Memory: 6 GB OR 8 GB RAM, LPDDR4X
- Storage: 128 GB OR 256 GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, microSD card support up to 1 TB (hybrid slot)
- Main Camera: Triple cameras (48 MP f/1.8 1/2.76″ + 8 MP f/2.2 ultra-wide-angle 118° FOV + 2 MP f/2.4 macro), up to [email protected] video recording, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 13 MP f/2.45, up to [email protected] video recording
- Others: Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face Unlock, Hi-Res Audio
- Connectivity: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, IR Blaster, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo
- Cellular: 5G network, dual SIMs, dual 5G, VoLTE support (SIM2 as microSD)
- Battery & Charging: 5,000 mAh battery, 33W fast charging
- Colors: Black, Green, Blue
The price for the POCO X5 5G with 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage is ₹18,999 while the price for the top-variant i.e. 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage is ₹20,999. The smartphone will be available from 21st March 2023 at 12 PM on Flipkart. The Launch offers include a flat ₹2,000 discount on ICICI Bank cards, an additional exchange discount of ₹2,000, and No cost EMI.
POCO X5 5G Price In India, Availability, Offers
- Price: ₹18,999 (6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage) ₹20,999 (8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage)
- Availability: 21st March 2023 at 12 PM on Flipkart
- Offers: Flat ₹2,000 discount on ICICI Bank cards, additional exchange discount of ₹2,000, No cost EMI