Razer Phone 2 starts receiving Android Pie update
Last week, Razer confirmed that it would start rolling out Android Pie update for the Razer Phone 2 from February 27. Well, staying true to its words, the company has started rolling out the Android Pie update for the Razer Phone 2.
This Android Pie update for Razer Phone 2 comes with features like navigation gestures, adaptive battery, app actions, and Google’s Digital Wellbeing features. The update also brings in support for 4K video recording at 60 frames/second. Until now, the phone could only record 4K videos at 30 frames/second.
Having said that, the update is currently only rolling out to unlocked units. The carrier-locked units will receive Android Pie on March 14, with the units locked to AT&T getting it on April 4.
The Razer Phone 2 was launched in last October with Android 8.1 Oreo. It is powered by Snapdragon 845 SoC which is paired with 8 GB RAM. The smartphone features 5.72-inch Quad-HD LCD display having a refresh rate of 120 Hz. You can check out full specs of the Razer Phone 2 below.
Razer Phone 2 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with Nova Launcher Prime (Android 9.0 Pie rolling out)
- Display: 5.72-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) IGZO LCD display with 120 Hz refresh rate, 120 Hz touch sampling, UltraMotion Technology, and Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide-angle, f/1.75 aperture, OIS) + 12 MP (telephoto, f/2.6 aperture, 2x zoom) with Dual PDAF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (Mirror Black), 128 GB (Satin Black) UFS
- External Storage: Expandable up to 1 Terabyte via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO, USB Type-C
- Other: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Dual Front-Facing Stereo Speakers with Dual Amplifiers, Dolby Atmos, 24-bit DAC, Glowing Logo with Razer Chroma, Vaper Chamber Cooling, IP67 dust and water resistance
- Colors: Mirror Black, Satin Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 4.0+ and Wireless Charging