Razer Phone 2 will receive Android Pie update starting next week
Popular gaming company Razer launched its second gaming smartphone – the Razer Phone 2 – last year in October. The smartphone was launched with Android 8.1 Oreo, and it will receive Android Pie update starting next week.
The Android Pie update will be rolled out to unlocked units of the Razer Phone 2 on February 27. However, carrier-locked units will get the update on March 14, and those that are locked to AT&T will get it in on April 4.
As this is an Android Pie update, it brings in features like gesture navigation, redesigned UI, adaptive battery, and more to the Razer Phone 2. That said, the navigation gestures are enabled by default, so if you don’t like to use them, you can disable them anytime you want from the Settings menu.
The Android Pie update also bumps up the Android security patch level on Razer Phone 2 to February 5, 2019. For those unaware, this patch contains the full security string, unlike the February 1, 2019 patch that includes partial security string.
We are listing specifications of the Razer Phone 2 down below for those who need a refresher.
Razer Phone 2 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo with Nova Launcher Prime (Android Pie starts rolling next week)
- Display: 5.72-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) IGZO LCD display with 120 Hz refresh rate, 120 Hz touch sampling, UltraMotion Technology, and Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide-angle, f/1.75 aperture, OIS) + 12 MP (telephoto, f/2.6 aperture, 2x zoom) with Dual PDAF and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (Mirror Black), 128 GB (Satin Black) UFS
- External Storage: Expandable up to 1 Terabyte via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, MIMO, USB Type-C
- Other: Side-mounted Fingerprint Scanner, Dual Front-Facing Stereo Speakers with Dual Amplifiers, Dolby Atmos, 24-bit DAC, Glowing Logo with Razer Chroma, Vaper Chamber Cooling, IP67 dust and water resistance
- Colors: Mirror Black, Satin Black
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 4.0+ and Wireless Charging