Realme XT with 64 MP quad-camera, Snapdragon 712 SoC and 8 GB RAM launched in India
Realme and Xiaomi’s Redmi are trying to one up each other in the budget to mid-range smartphone segment to grab a bigger market share. After Redmi announced the Redmi Note 8 Pro with 64 MP camera sensor, it’s now time for Realme XT.
After teasing for a few weeks, Realme has today finally launched the Realme XT smartphone in India which features a 64 MP primary camera on the back in the quad-camera setup. As the Redmi Note 8 Pro has not been launched in India yet, the Reame XT is the first 64 MP phone in the Indian market.
The Realme XT features a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display with 2340 x 1080 pixels screen resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on top. There’s also an in-display fingerprint sensor for added protection with Goodix 3.0 technology for increased sensitivity.
The device is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 AIE octa-core processor. The smartphone is offered in three variants based — 4 GB RAM with 64 GB storage, 6 GB RAM with 64 GB internal storage and 8 GB RAM with 128 GB internal storage. There’s also a microSD card slot allowing users to further expand the storage capacity up to 256 GB.
The highlight of the smartphone is the camera, having a 64 MP Samsung GW1 primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture. The primary lens is accompanied by an 8 MP 119-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2 MP depth sensor, and another 2 MP sensor. On the front side, the smartphone features a 16-megapixel snapper for taking selfies and video calling.
Connectivity options on the device include Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and USB Type-C port. It runs Android 9 Pie operating system out-of-the-box with customised ColorOS 6 that now comes with Dark Mode. The phone is powered by a 4000 mAh battery with 30W fast charging support.
The Realme XT comes in two color options — Pearl White and Pearl Blue. The 4 GB RAM model is priced at ₹15,999, 6 GB RAM variant at ₹16,999 while the 8 GB RAM model costs ₹18,999.
The device will go on sale in India from 16th September through Flipkart. Along with this, the company has also launched the Realme XT Iconic Case for a price of ₹399 which will go on sale next month. The company also hinted the Realme XT 730G model coming in December.
Realme XT Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 AIE octa-core processor
- GPU: Adreno 616 GPU
- RAM: 4/6/8 GB LPDDR4+ RAM
- Operating System: ColorOS 6 based on Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.4-inch Full HD + (1080 x 2340 pixels) Super AMOLED display with waterdrop notch on the top, 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 64 MP Samsung GW1 primary sensor with 0.8μm pixel size and f/1.8 aperture + 8 MP 119 degree ultra-wide-angle lens with f/2.25 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size + 2 MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size + 2 MP macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 1.75μm pixel size
- Front Camera: 16 MP Sony IMX471 sensor with f/2.0 aperture and AI Beautification
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, HyperBoost 2.0
- Colors: Pearl White and Pearl Blue
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 20W fast charging
Pricing and Availability in India
- Price of 4 GB RAM model: ₹15,999
- Price of 6 GB RAM model: ₹16,999
- Price of 8 GB RAM model: ₹18,999
- Availability: From 16th September via Flipkart; Soon via offline stores