Samsung Galaxy M40 is now available for purchase in India
Earlier this month, Samsung launched the Galaxy M40 smartphone in the Indian market, making it the top-end model so far in the company’s all-new Galaxy M lineup. Now, the smartphone is available for purchase in India through Amazon.
The phone comes in only one variant — 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage, carrying a price tag of Rs. 19,990. The device is offered in two color options — Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue.
As for the specifications, the smartphone features a 6.3-inch Full-HD+ Infinity-O Display with 2340 x 1080 pixels screen resolution, a contrast ratio of 1200:1, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and 480 nits of brightness. The display panel also comes with screen sound technology that produces audio vibrations on the handset.
It is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor, which is paired with Adreno 612 GPU and 6 GB of RAM. This is the first Galaxy M-series to come powered by the Qualcomm chipset instead of the company’s own Exynos SoC.
It packs 128 GB of internal storage and has a microSD card slot that supports memory expansion of up to 512 GB. For taking selfies and video calling, the smartphone has a 16-megapixel sensor at the front. There’s also a fingerprint sensor at the back panel.
On the back side, the phone has a triple rear camera setup that comprises a 32-megapixel primary sensor with an AI scene optimizer and f/1.7 lens. It also comes with a 5-megapixel secondary depth sensor and an 8-megapixel tertiary sensor with an ultra-wide-angle lens.
Connectivity options on the device include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and a USB Type-C port. The smartphone is running Android 9 Pie-based Samsung One UI and is powered by a 3500 mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy M40 Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 612 GPU
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.3-inch Full HD+ Infinity-O LCD display with 2340 x 1080 pixels screen resolution and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Rear Camera: 32 MP primary sensor with f/1.7 aperture + 5 MP depth sensor with f/2.2 aperture + 8 MP 123-degree ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS/ A-GPS, and a USB Type-C port
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Midnight Blue and Seawater Blue
- Battery: 3500 mAh with 15W fast charging