Samsung released its Galaxy S range of smartphones this year and the Galaxy S10+ is its top-of-the-line product featuring a 6.4-inch Infinity-O display with a cutout for dual cameras, an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner, and triple cameras on the back. This is the first smartphone from Samsung to offer as much as 12 GB RAM and 1 TB of onboard storage. Take a look at the Samsung Galaxy S10+ below.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ Specifications
- Display: 6.4-inch Infinity-O Curved Dynamic AMOLED display, Quad HD+ Resolution (3040 x 1440 pixels), 19:9 aspect rat, HDR10+ support, 1,200 nits brightness
- Software: One UI based on Android 9 Pie
- Protection: IP68 water and dust resistant
- Fingerprint Scanner: On-screen, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanner
- Face Unlock: Yes
- CPU: 8nm Samsung Exynos 9820 Octa OR 7nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core SoC (US variant)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP12 OR Adreno 640
- Memory: 8 GB OR 12 GB
- Storage: 128 GB OR 512 GB OR 1TB, expands via microSD card (SIM2 slot)
- Main Camera: Triple cameras (12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP)
12 MP (wide) + 12 MP (telephoto) + 16 MP (ultra-wide), LED flash
- Selfie Camera: Dual cameras 10 MP + 8 MP RBG lens
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/A-GPS, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Cellular: 4G LTE, 2x nano SIM (GSM), dual-VoLTE, microSD card on SIM2
- Others: Dedicated Bixby button
- Colors: Prism Black, Prism Blue, Prism Green, Prism White, Ceramic Black, and Ceramic White
- Battery: 4,100 mAh, Fast Charging (9V, 1.67A), Wireless Charging
- Price: Rs 73,900 (6 GB RAM & 128 GB Storage),
Rs 91,900 (8 GB RAM & 512 GB Storage)
Rs 1,17,900 (12 GB RAM & 1 TB Storage)
- Availability: From 8th March 2019
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ sports a 6.4-inch Infinity-O curved Dynamic AMOLED display with a resolution of Quad HD+ (3040 x 1440 pixels) and aspect ratio of 19:9. The screen is almost bezel-less and has a small cutout for its dual selfie cameras for full view display.
The design has a glass back protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5, the sides are metallic and give a shiny silver look. It’s IP68 rated meaning the phone is water and dust resistant just like the previous devices we saw. The overall design is similar to the predecessor, however, you get the new look of the screen with less bezels and a cutout for cameras.
Samsung also moved to the new fingerprint scanner technology that we saw on the HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro and other phones utilizing it. Located on the screen is an Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner that unlocks the phone when you put your thumb on the display.
The cameras are one of the main highlights, there are a total of 5 cameras on the phone, two on the front and three on the rear side. The selfie camera packs dual sensors, one of 10 MP and another of 8 MP and it supports a wide-angle field of view, and Live Focus features.
The back has a tri-camera setup that includes 12 MP + 12 MP + 16 MP cameras with an LED flash and heart rate monitor beside it. The 12 MP is the Dual Pixel main camera with a variable aperture (f/1.5 – f/2.4) while the another 12 MP f/2.4 is the telephoto lens and both the cameras support OIS. The third camera i.e. 16 MP f/2.2 is the ultra wide-angle camera for a wide scene view.
What powers the device is an 8nm homegrown Samsung Exynos 9820 octa-core CPU that is almost at the level of Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. It has a Mali-G76 MP12 (12-core) GPU for gaming and comes with as much of 12 GB LPDDR4X RAM and 1 TB of internal storage.
Other variants, especially in the US, are powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 855. We got Ceramic Black color variant with 8 GB RAM and 512 GB storage while there’s the base variant comes with 128 GB storage.
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ runs on a new interface called OneUI and it’s based on the Android 9 Pie. It is equipped with a 4,100 mAh battery with fast charging and wireless charging support.
The bottom has a USB Type-C port, 3.5mm, loudspeakers, and a microphone. The top has another microphone and a hybrid SIM tray carrying dual nano SIM slots with a microSD slot on SIM2. On the left side, there’s an added Bixby key as usual and volume control while the right side has a power key.
The Samsung Galaxy S10+ is available in different variants, the 128 GB storage variant with 8 GB RAM is priced at Rs 73,900 whereas the 512 GB storage variant with the same 8 GB RAM is priced at Rs 91,900. The top-most variant of the phone has 12 GB RAM and 1 TB of storage and it is priced at Rs 1,17,900.
We will cover more details about the phone that includes its camera, features, and battery. What do you think about the Samsung Galaxy S10+? Let us know in the comments.
Also check out the unboxing of the Samsung Galaxy S10+ and its features overview.