Samsung Galaxy M30 launched in India with 6.4-inch Infinity-U display, triple rear cameras, and 5000 mAh battery
Late last month, Samsung announced its Galaxy M series with the launch of Galaxy M10 and Galaxy M20 smartphones in India. And now today, the company has further expanded its portfolio of Galaxy M smartphones with the launch of Samsung Galaxy M30.
The Galaxy M30 looks similar to the Galaxy M20. In fact, it’s actually the M20 with some upgrades. Unlike the Galaxy M20, the Galaxy M30 comes with a triple-camera setup at the back which includes one 13 MP and two 5 MP cameras. One of these 5 MP cameras comes with an ultra-wide angle lens, and the other is actually a depth sensor.
On the front, the M30 has a 16 MP camera which is an upgrade over the M20’s 8 MP selfie snapper.
Another difference between the M20 and M30 is the memory configuration. The M20 comes in 3 GB RAM + 32 GB storage and 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage configurations. The M30 is also offered in 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage configuration, but it also comes in 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage option.
Furthermore, while the Galaxy M20 sports a 6.3-inch Infinity-V display, the M30 flaunts a slightly larger 6.4-inch Infinity-U display.
That said, what remains the same between the Galaxy M20 and M30 is that both of these smartphones are powered by Exynos 7904 SoC and both ship with a massive 5000 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy M30 Specifications
- CPU: 1.84 GHz Exynos 7904 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4/6 GB LPDDR4X
- Operating System: Samsung Experience 9.5 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.4-inch Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-U Display
- Rear Camera: 13 MP (f/1.9) + 5 MP (depth sensor) + 5 MP (ultra-wide angle lens, 123-degree FOV) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (with 4 GB RAM), 128 GB (with 6 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 512 GB via microSD card (dedicated slot)
- SIM: Dual
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Scanner, Widevine L1 certification, Dolby Atmos Surround Sound
- Colors: Black, Blue
- Battery: 5000 mAh with 15W Fast Charging