Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Exynos 9810 SoC, 6 GB RAM and Dual Rear Cameras launched in India
South Korean tech giant Samsung at an event in New Delhi, India today launched its Galaxy S9 flagship smartphone. However, the Galaxy S9 isn’t the only smartphone Samsung has launched today. Alongside the Galaxy S9, Samsung has also launched the Samsung Galaxy S9+ in the country. Both these smartphones were announced last Sunday at a pre-MWC event in Spain, and, it’s the first time that Samsung flagships have been brought to India this quick.
The Samsung Galaxy S9+ flaunts a design that’s similar to the Galaxy S9, which in turn has a design that’s similar to last year’s Galaxy S8 flagships. There aren’t too many changes in the design department from last year. However, there is one change that was asked for a lot – the position of fingerprint scanner at the back.
Last year’s Galaxy S8 flagships had fingerprint scanner at the back that was placed awkwardly to right side of the rear camera. This made a lot of people mistakenly place their fingers on the camera instead of the fingerprint scanner. But this time, Samsung has rectified that design flaw and has moved the fingerprint scanner to bottom of the rear camera which makes it much more easier for the users to reach the fingerprint scanner without having to stretch their fingers or smudge the camera lens.
That said, there’s another change that you will instantly notice on the back of the phone. Yes, we are talking about the cameras. Last year’s S8/S8+ both came with a single camera at the back. Even the S9 rocks a single camera at the back. However, the S9+ sports a dual camera setup which is a combination of two 12 MP cameras. For selfies and video calls, you get an 8 MP camera on the front.
With that being said, all the features that are found on S9’s camera, including variable aperture, are present on the S9+ as well. In fact, not just the camera features, but other notable features like Intelligent Scan and AR Emoji have also made their way to the Samsung Galaxy S9+, which is very much obvious.
While last year’s Galaxy S8 and S8+ were differentiated based on their screen and battery size, this year’s S9 and S9+ differ in terms of screen size, battery size, camera, and, the amount of RAM.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ sold in India are both powered by Exynos 9810 SoC, however, while the former comes with 4 GB RAM, the latter boasts 6 GB RAM. Besides, the S9 sports a 5.8-inch display with 3000 mAh battery, whereas, the S9+ features a larger 6.2-inch display while packing in a 3500 mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Specifications
- CPU: Exynos 9810 SoC
- RAM: 6 GB LPDDR4X
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 6.2-inch Quad-HD+ (2960 x 1440 pixels) Curved Super AMOLED Infinity Display
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Super Speed Dual Pixel camera with variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4) + 12 MP (f/2.4 aperture) with Optical Image Stabilization, Super Slow-Mo, AR Emoji and LED flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/1.7 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64/256 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 400 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Recognition, Intelligent Scan, Dolby Atmos, AKG-tuned Stereo Speakers, IP68 Dust and Water Resistance, Bixby, Real-time Translation Heart Rate Monitoring, Knox 3.1
- Colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Lilac Purple
- Battery: 3500 mAh with Fast Wired Charging compatible with Quick Charge 2.0, also supports Wireless Charging
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Price in India and Availability
- Price of 64 GB storage variant: ₹64,900
- Price of 256 GB storage variant: ₹72,900
- Availability: To be available on Flipkart, Samsung India eStore as well as through offline stores across the country from March 16. The 256 GB variant will only be available at Reliance Digital Stores, Samsung Exclusive Stores and Samsung India eStore.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ Offers
- Cashback of ₹6000 when purchased from select retail stores by scanning the Paytm Mall QR Code
- Cashback of ₹6000 when purchased using No-Cost EMI option on HDFC Bank Credit and Debit Cards
- Airtel users get 80 GB of data, unlimited calling, and one year of Amazon Prime membership worth ₹999 with Infinity 499 plan. And, with Infinity 799, users get 120 GB of data, unlimited calling, one year of Amazon Prime membership, and, one free child connection.
- Reliance Jio users get unlimited voice calls, SMS and 1 Terabyte of 4G data worth ₹15,000 for ₹4999 with complimentary Jio Prime Membership.
- Existing or new Vodafone customers get free subscription to Netflix for a year on Vodafone Red plans starting at ₹999 till April 30. Moreover, prepaid users who do a recharge of ₹199 get unlimited voice and 1.4 GB data per day along with additional 10 GB of free data every month for next 10 recharges.