Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z to get the KitKat update in May
Sony revealed its KitKat update plans for various smartphones last month. The Android 4.4 KitKat update for the Sony Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z was under development then, scheduled to come in May or June. Now, the update rollout for the aforementioned devices is set to start in May.
Sony has now updated the product pages for the Xperia Z, ZL, ZR and Tablet Z. The product pages now show the KitKat update for these devices set for May. The rollout should start in May and will most probably reach all the devices across the globe by May end.
Check out the official Android 4.4 KitKat update changelog from Sony:
- Google’s Android 4.4; KitKat as standard – bringing performance & UI optimisation… We’ve added our tweaked Status Bar and Quick Settings… now more intuitive and customisable (and pretty easy on the eye)… cleaned up to ensure you only get the notifications you really need
- If you’ve got a Sony PlayStation 4, you might recognize our new user interface – we’ve added the same sleek launch animation and livewallpaper across the lock and home screens
- We’re also uplifting Sony’s entire native app portfolio to the latest versions – bringing tweaked / improved / current experiences for (to name but a few): Messaging, MyXperia, Smart Connect, Small apps, TrackID, TrackID TV, Sony Select, Smart Social Camera and…
- Sony’s Media apps: WALKMAN, Album and Movies, with Sony Entertainment Network cloud service integration – a more converged and full Sony entertainment experience – Sony Entertainment Network & PlayMemories integration with a more intuitive UI, better download speeds, and more!
- Our unique custom interface experience: “Xperia Themes”, with downloadable UI packs from Sony Select – skin up to 280 assets across your Xperia smartphone with a variety of styles, and more to follow soon…
As always, we’ll keep you informed when the update finally starts seeding to these devices.