Vivo V9 with Snapdragon 626 SoC, 6.3-inch 19:9 display and 24 MP selfie camera launched in India
There are also a lot of Artificial Intelligence (AI) based features, because it's 2018
Last year in November, Chinese smartphone brand Vivo launched the Vivo V7 selfie-centric smartphone in India with 24 MP front camera at a price of ₹18,990. Now today, just four months later, Vivo has launched the Vivo V9 in the country which was announced yesterday in Thailand.
The Vivo V9, like some of the recently announced smartphones in China, comes with a notch up top. And, that notch makes it look like the iPhone X. The V9 flaunts a 6.3-inch display which has a 19:9 aspect ratio and a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. Well, this results in the phone having a screen-to-body ratio of 90%.
At the back, there’s a fingerprint scanner in the center, and, a dual camera setup at the top-left corner in vertical orientation. This dual camera setup consists of one 16 MP and one 5 MP camera, and, it features AI Bokeh Mode that lets you take pictures with blurred background. There’s also a Shot Refocus Mode that lets you refocus on different parts in a photo after capturing it.
For selfies and video calls, there’s a 24 MP camera on the front sitting inside that notch. This camera comes with features like AI Face Beauty Mode and AR Stickers. The former relies on Artificial Intelligence to determine the age, gender and skin tone of the person to take better selfies, whereas, the latter lets you take photos effects akin to the ones you see on Snapchat and Instagram.
Under the hood, the Vivo V9 has Snapdragon 626 SoC that’s coupled with 4 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 506 GPU. The smartphone runs Funtouch OS 4.0 that’s based on Android 8.1 Oreo. There’s also 64 GB of storage space on board, and, you also have the option to expand the storage up to 256 GB via microSD card.
Having said that, the Vivo V9 ships with a 3260 mAh battery that keeps the show running, and, it also comes with other features like AI Face Access and AI Attention Sensing. The former uses face recognition to unlock your smartphone and apps, and, the latter reduces the notification volume based on whether you are looking at the phone or not.
Vivo V9 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 626 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.3-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) FullView 2.0 IPS LCD Display with 2.5D curved glass and 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 5 MP with PDAF, AI Bokeh Mode, Shot Refocus, Ultra HDR Mode and LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP with AI Face Beauty, AR Stickers and AI Selfie Lighting
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi
- Other: Face Access (Face Unlock), Fingerprint Scanner
- Colors: Pearl Black, Champagne Gold, Sapphire Blue
- Battery: 3260 mAh
Vivo V9 Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹22,990
- Availability: Pre-booking starts today on Amazon India and Flipkart. Goes on sale from April 2 through Amazon India, Flipkart as well as through offline stores across the country
You can check out our quick unboxing video of the Vivo V9 below. We will also be publishing our full review of the Vivo V9 soon, so if you have any questions, drop them off in the comments section down below.