Vivo X21 UD goes official with 6.28-inch Full-Screen Display, In-Display Fingerprint Scanner and iPhone X-like notch
Vivo has launched the X21 as well which doesn't have in-display fingerprint scanner and instead relies on the traditional fingerprint scanner placed on its back
Chinese smartphone brand Vivo launched the Vivo X20 Plus UD smartphone back in January this year which came along with in-display fingerprint scanner. And, earlier this month, the company launched the Vivo APEX that came with Half-Screen In-Display Fingerprint Scanning. Well now, as promised, the company has launched new smartphone called the Vivo X21 UD that too comes with in-display fingerprint scanning technology.
Thanks to that in-display fingerprint scanner on the Vivo X21 UD, there’s no traditional fingerprint scanner on the smartphone that we see on other smartphones. Hence, you can unlock the smartphone by simply placing your finger/thumb on the screen.
Well, apart from the in-display fingerprint scanner, the other major highlight of the Vivo X21 UD is its 6.28-inch full-screen display and a notch. This notch makes the phone look like the iPhone X. The display has a an aspect ratio of 19:9 with a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. Moreover, thanks to this full-screen display, the smartphone achieves a screen-to-body ratio of 90.3%.
That said, the back of the phone is covered with glass, and, there’s also a dual camera setup placed in the top-left corner which again reminds us of the iPhone X. This dual camera setup is a combination of one 12 MP and one 5 MP camera. And for those of you who love taking selfies, there’s a 12 MP snapper on the front as well.
Talking about the innards, the Vivo X21 UD is powered by Snapdragon 660 SoC which is coupled with 6 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 512 GPU. The smartphone boots up to Android 8.1 Oreo, and, has 64/128 GB of storage on board. The phone comes in three colors – Black, White, Red – and, has 3200 mAh battery underneath that fuels the entire package.
Well, apart from launching the Vivo X21 UD, Vivo has also launched the Vivo X21. While both the smartphones have same design and specs, the only major difference between both of them is that while the X21 UD has in-display fingerprint scanner, the X21 has a traditional fingerprint scanner on its back.
Vivo X21 UD Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 512
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Display: 6.28-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED Display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (f/1.8) + 5 MP (f/2.4) with AI Beauty Mode, Portrait Mode and LED flash
- Front Camera: 12 MP (f/2.0) with AI Beauty Mode
- Internal Storage: 128 GB (X21 also available in 64 GB variant)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition, Fingerprint Scanner (on Vivo X21)
- Colors: White, Black (Vivo X21 will be available in Red color as well)
- Battery: 3200 mAh
Vivo X21 UD Price and Availability
- Price of Vivo X21 with 6 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage: ¥2898 (around ₹29,865)
- Price of Vivo X21 with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage: ¥3198 (around ₹32,956)
- Price of Vivo X21 UD with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage: ¥3598 (around ₹37,080)
- Availability: Vivo X21 goes on sale in China from March 24 whereas the Vivo X21 UD goes on sale from March 28. No word on availability in other markets