Last month, Chinese smartphone brand Vivo launched the Vivo NEX in India. The Vivo NEX is a flagship smartphone and is priced at ₹44,990. And now, if a latest report is to be believed, then the next smartphone Vivo will launch in India is the Y81.
According to a report by 91Mobiles, Vivo is going to launch the Y81 in India next week. The Y81 was launched back in late June this year in Vietnam with a price tag of 49,90,000₫, and, the company is expected to launch it in India with a price tag of around ₹14,000.
The Vivo Y81 is powered by MediaTek’s Helio P22 SoC which is paired with 3 GB RAM and is backed by IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU. The smartphone runs Functouch OS 4.0 out-of-the-box which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
The smartphone sports a 6.22-inch FullView display that has aspect ratio of 19:9 and a resolution of 1520 x 720 pixels. For photography, you get a 13 MP camera at the back along with a 5 MP camera on the front. The Y81 doesn’t come with a fingerprint scanner which is a bummer, but, it does come with Face Unlock.
Lastly, the smartphone comes with 32 GB of internal storage along with 3260 mAh battery under the hood.
Vivo Y81 Specifications
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Helio P22 (MT6762) octa-core processor
- RAM: 3 GB
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.22-inch HD+ (1520 x 720 pixels) 19:9 IPS display with Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture and Portrait Bokeh
- Internal Storage: 32 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Face Unlock
- Colors: Red, Black
- Battery: 3260 mAh
There’s no word from Vivo yet regarding the launch of Y81 in India, so take this information with a pinch of salt.