Vodafone launches VoLTE service across 18 more cities of Gujarat
Exactly a week ago, telecom operator Vodafone announced the launch of its VoLTE service in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Gujarat. However, the telco launched its VoLTE service only in two cities of Gujarat at that time – Surat and Ahmedabad. Well now, Vodafone has revealed that it has expanded its VoLTE service across more cities of Gujarat.
Vodafone has launched its VoLTE service across 18 more cities of Gujarat which include Gandhinagar, Vadodara, Jamnagar, Rajkot, Amreli, Anand, Bhuj, Bhavnagar, Gandhidham, Junagadh, Morbi, Mahesana, Nadiad, Navsari, Porbandar, Surendranagar, Vapi and Palanpur. Well, with the launch of VoLTE service in these cities, the Vodafone VoLTE service is now available to Vodafone customers in a total of 20 cities of Gujarat, and, the telco has also said that it will be available in other cities soon.
Also, it’s worth noting that Vodafone had been testing its VoLTE service across many cities of the state like Surat, Ahmedabad and Vadodara since January of this year, but, it only announced the launch officially last week.
That said, Vodafone customers residing in any of the aforementioned cities of Gujarat can now enjoy benefits like HD quality voice calls and faster call setup time. Moreover, they can also continue using 4G data even during a voice call. All without having to pay anything extra. However, it’s worth noting that Vodafone customers will need a 4G SIM and VoLTE-enabled smartphone to be able to use Vodafone’s VoLTE service.
Here’s the entire list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone VoLTE. Yes, we know the list isn’t that extensive, but Vodafone has said that it’s working with all the smartphone manufacturers to bring Vodafone VoLTE support to more smartphones.
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.
Are you a Vodafone VoLTE user? Did you notice any uptick in the quality of network and service after the roll-out of VoLTE? Well so far, our personal experience hasn’t been that great on Vodafone VoLTE.