Back in December last year, telecom operator Vodafone announced that it would start rolling out VoLTE services in India from January 2018 in a phased manner. Then last month, Vodafone launched the VoLTE service in Gujarat. Now today, the company has announced the launch of VoLTE service in Mumbai and Dellhi-NCR circles as well.
While Vodafone has announced the launch of VoLTE service in Mumbai and Delhi-NCR, it has also announced the launch of VoLTE in Gujarat. However, the company in its press release said that the VoLTE service in Gujarat is currently only available in Surat and Ahmedabad.
However, Vodafone has also said that it will be launching the VoLTE service in Karnataka and Kolkata next, and, will further expand the service across the country in a phased manner over the coming months.
That said, with the launch of VoLTE service, Vodafone customers will now enjoy benefits like HD quality voice calls and faster call setup time. Moreover, customers will now also be able to continue using 4G data even during ongoing voice calls. Besides, when 4G VoLTE is unavailable, the network will automatically switch back to 2G/3G to make sure that customers are always connected with their family and friends.
Well, it’s worth noting that Vodafone customers can enjoy all these benefits without having to pay anything extra. However, do keep in mind that to be able to use Vodafone’s VoLTE service, you will need a 4G SIM and a VoLTE-enabled smartphone. That said, here’s the entire list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE service.
Commenting on the launch of the Vodafone VoLTE service, Sunil Sood, MD and CEO, Vodafone India, said, “In line with our commitment to introduce the best of breed technologies and consistently enhance customer experience, we are delighted to launch our VoLTE service across our three key circles of Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and Gujarat. Vodafone VoLTE will empower our customers to enjoy seamless connectivity of a higher level, enabling them to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices. We have consistently invested in building, a robust and future fit data strong network, pan India. We will be expanding the Vodafone VoLTE experience in several more circles shortly.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.