Vodafone VoLTE service launched in Maharashtra and Goa
Last month, telecom operator Vodafone launched its VoLTE service in Delhi-NCR, Gujarat and Mumbai. Now, Vodafone is further expanding its VoLTE footprint in the country by launching the service in the states of Maharashtra and Goa.
The VoLTE service has been launched by Vodafone across Goa, but, in Maharashtra, the service has only been launched in cities like Pune, Nagpur, Nashik and Vasai. However, Vodafone has said that it will soon extend this service in other cities as well.
That said, with the launch of VoLTE service, Vodafone customers now get benefits like HD quality voice calls and faster call setup time. Besides, customers will now also be able to continue using 4G data even during ongoing voice calls. However, it’s worth noting that you will need a Vodafone 4G SIM and a Vodafone VoLTE-enabled smartphone to be able to enjoy these benefits.
Commenting on the launch of VoLTE in Maharashtra and Goa, Ashish Chandra, Business Head – Maharashtra & Goa, Vodafone India, said, “We have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade and modernise our network to ensure that we provide the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our valued customers. We are delighted that Vodafone is now launching VoLTE services in Maharashtra & Goa beginning with Pune, Nagpur, Nashik, Vasai and Goa and will soon extend it to other key cities. Vodafone VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing customer experience and enabling our customers in Maharashtra & Goa to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
The Vodafone VoLTE service is now available in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Rajasthan (only Jodhpur and Jaipur) and Delhi-NCR. However, the telco will expand this service gradually across different parts of the country in the coming months.
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.