Xiaomi Mi 9 with Snapdragon 855 SoC and 48 MP rear camera announced for global markets
Last week Xiaomi launched its 2019 flagship smartphone – the Mi 9 – in China. And now, at the ongoing MWC 2019 tech show in Spain, Xiaomi has announced the Mi 9 for global markets.
The Xiaomi Mi 9 is powered by Snapdragon 855 SoC which is laced with 6 GB RAM. The smartphone boots up to Android Pie-based MIUI 10 and comes in two storage options – 64 GB and 128 GB. The Mi 9 also comes with 8 GB RAM in China, but the global markets only get it with 6 GB RAM.
The Mi 9 boasts a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display sourced from Samsung that has a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19:9. The display also has a waterdrop-shaped notch up top.
The back of the Mi 9 flaunts a holographic rainbow spectrum which is achieved through an “advanced back cover color” process. The back of the smartphone is also home to a triple-camera setup that’s placed vertically in the top-left corner.
This triple-camera setup is a combination of 48 MP, 12 MP, and 16 MP cameras. The 12 MP camera comes with a telephoto lens whereas the 16 MP camera comes with an ultra wide-angle lens. There’s also a 20 MP single camera on the front.
That said, the Mi 9 features an in-display fingerprint scanner which Xiaomi says unlocks the phone up to 25% faster than the previous generation. The smartphone is kept on by a 3300 mAh battery which supports 27W fast wired charging and 20W fast wireless charging.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.39-inch Full HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 48 MP + 12 MP (telephoto lens) + 16 MP (ultra-wide angle lens) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- Connectivity: 4G, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, USB Type-C
- Other: In-display Fingerprint Scanner, Face Unlock
- Colors: Piano Black, Ocean Blue, Lavender Violet
- Battery: 3300 mAh with 27W fast wired charging and 20W fast wireless charging
Xiaomi Mi 9 Price and Availability
- Price of 64 GB storage variant: €449 (around ₹36,220)
- Price of 128 GB storage variant: €499 (around ₹40,260)
- Availability: Available in Europe from February 28. No word on availability in India