As expected, Xiaomi at an event today in India has announced its first Android One smartphone, dubbed Xiaomi Mi A1. The Xiaomi Mi A1 is actually a re-branded Mi 5X which was launched in China back in July this year, however, the biggest difference between both is that the Mi A1 is a global variant and runs stock Android whereas the Mi 5X runs Xiaomi’s MIUI China ROM.
In terms of design, there’s no difference between the Xiaomi Mi A1 and the Mi 5X, because like we said, the Mi A1 is essentially a re-branded Mi 5X. It flaunts the same design with the same uni-body metal build. It even comes with the same innards that are found on the Mi 5X.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 is powered by Snapdragon 625 SoC which is laced with 4 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 506 GPU. It sports a 5.5-inch Full-HD display that comes with the protection of Gorilla Glass. The Mi A1 also comes with dual camera setup at the back which is a combination of 12 MP wide-angle lens and 12 MP telephoto lens. This also helps in taking photos with blurred background while also letting users take photos of distant objects without significant loss in quality with 2x optical zoom.
What’s also worth noting is that the Xiaomi Mi A1 being an Android One smartphone runs stock version of Android 7.1.2 Nougat. While it’s not the latest version of Android, the Mi A1 will get the Android 8.0 Oreo update by the end of 2017, and, it will also be one of the first devices that will get the Android P update next year.
Apart from this stock Android goodness, the Xiaomi Mi A1 also comes with unlimited high-quality photo backup on Google Photos. Something that we have only seen on high-end Google smartphones like the Pixel.
Xiaomi Mi A1 specifications:
- CPU: 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat (to be upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo by the end of 2017)
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass with Gorilla Glass protection
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture) + 12 MP (telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture) with PDAF, Portrait Mode, 2x optical zoom, 10x digital zoom and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Hybrid Slot (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano-SIM + microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, FM Radio, USB Type-C, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster, DHS Audio Calibration Algorithm, Standalone Audio Amplifier, Unlimited high-quality photo backup on Google Photos
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
- Battery: 3080 mAh (with custom 380V charger)
Xiaomi Mi A1 Price and Availability:
- Price: ₹14,999
- Availability: Will be available from September 12 from 12 pm exclusively through Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Home stores. It will also be available for purchase through partner retail stores like Sangeetha, Poorvika, Big C, LOT, Croma, Vijay Sales and more. Moreover, it will also be available in over 30 countries in the coming months.
Xiaomi Mi A1 Offers:
- Additional 200 GB 4G data to Airtel users