Xiaomi has today launched its latest budget smartphone under the Redmi brand in the Indian market — Xiaomi Redmi 9i. It comes just weeks after the company had launched the Redmi 9A smartphone in the Indian market.
The smartphone features a 6.53-inch HD+ 20:9 Dot Drop display with 1600 x 720 pixels screen resolution. Under the hood, the device is powered by MediaTek Helio G25 chipset with 4GB of RAM.
It comes in two storage options — 64 GB and 128 GB and has expandable storage support of up to 512 GB. In the camera department, there’s a 13 MP sensor at the back and a 5 MP snapper at the front side.
The phone is running the Android 10 operating system out-of-the-box with the company’s own MIUI 11 user interface. However, the company has confirmed that it will be updated to the latest MIUI 12.
It is powered by a 5000 mAh battery and supports 10W charging. The Redmi 9i comes in three color options — Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green. The 64 GB storage model costs ₹8,299 while the 128 GB storage version is priced at ₹9,299.
Xiaomi Redmi 9i Specifications
- Display: 6.53-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD Dot Drop screen
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G25 processor
- GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4x
- Storage: 64/128 GB eMMC 5.1; expandable up to 512 GB
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 11
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture
- Others: Splash proof (P2i coating)
- Connectivity Options: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, and micro USB port
- Colors: Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green
- Battery: 5000 mAh battery with 10w charging
Pricing and Availability in India
- 4 GB + 64 GB: ₹8,299
- 4 GB + 128 GB: ₹9,299
- Availability: From 18th September