Airtel and Dow Jones introduces The Wall Street Journal India Mobile Application
The Wall Street Journal India Mobile can be downloaded free-of-charge by Airtel pre-paid and post-paid mobile users. Customers will have to pay a monthly subscription fee of Rs. 99 only if they choose to access premium financial market news and data, the personalisation functionality and the portfolio tracker, which helps monitor stock portfolios as well as mutual funds and commodities investments.
Key features of The WSJ India Mobile application include:
- Global and local financial market news and information
- Business, politics, economics, finance and management news from India and around the world
- Exhaustive search and tracking capabilities for over 8,000 companies, mutual funds and all IPOs over the last three years with customized chart views and premium market commentary
- Leading lifestyle, travel and leisure content including best of breed personal technology coverage, executive jobs and travel dea
- Engaging videos and podcasts on global news, technology trends and interviews with prominent CEOs
- Complete user-defined page personalization option.
How to download WSJ India Mobile?
- Enter http://wsj.com/indiamobile on your mobile browser
- If you are an Airtel customer SMS ‘WSJ’ to 54321 to receive a download link
- You can find this in Airtel App Central, a part of Airtel Live in News, Finance, Utilities, Free, New Arrivals and Lifestyle categories.
- On AirtelLive Portal under the News & Sports section.
This application is currently compatible with BlackBerry Bold, BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl, BlackBerry Storm, BlackBerry 8700 Series, BlackBerry 8800 Series, Nokia N series, E Series smartphones, Nokia 6790, 6760, 6730, 6720, 6710, 6650, 6290, 6220, 6210, 6124, 6121, 6120, 6110, 5730, 5700, 5630, 5320, 6300, 6233, 7210 supernova, 5300, 6500s lide, 3120 classic, 3600slide, 5220, 7610 supernova and 6270
Once you download the application you can either use free service or the paid one. Downloading the application gives you access to news, tech, feature articles, blogs and multimedia from the The Wall Street Journal; 15 lakh plus jobs from naukri.com and best hotel deals from yatra.com. As a paid subscriber to WSJ India Mobile you get full access to all market-related live commentary, company, mutual fund, IPO and commodity databases, charting and personalized tools like the portfolio tracker and watchlist. To subscribe, scroll to the Markets, Investing, Portfolio or My WSJ Tabs and click on the section. You will be led to a subscription page. Subscribing will give you access to Premium WSJ content at Rs 99 per month, during which you have full access and can opt out without any charges.
Mr. Mitya New, Managing Director, Dow Jones India said: “The Wall Street Journal India Mobile application provides leading-edge functionality and content targeted at consumers in the Indian market. Our partnership with Bharti Airtel, India’s leading mobile phone operator, significantly enhances our ability to reach mobile users across India.”
Raghunath Mandava, Chief Marketing Officer – Mobile Services, Bharti Airtel said: “It has been Airtel’s endeavour to constantly innovate and lead the mobile content revolution in the country by delivering best in class products and services to customers and adding value to their lives on the go and wherever they go. The Wall Street Journal India Mobile application is our latest initiative that will empower our customers to make smarter decisions by accessing news and information from one of the world’s most trusted and premier providers of financial information.”