Does your PC show you small fonts when you are surfing the internet on the browser? The content displayed on the browser is too small to be readable and you want to set a default zoom in Google Chrome. Here’s how you can define the zoom levels for Google Chrome and specific websites.
When you visit websites on Google Chrome, the default page zoom is set to 100%, and the content that is displayed is based on the screen resolution of your computer. For instance, my laptop’s screen resolution is 2160 x 1440 pixels, the higher the resolution, the smaller the fonts and images will be displayed depending on the display settings. So, in this case, you are advised to zoom in on the websites while you browse.
How to set default zoom in Google Chrome [Windows 11]
- Step 1: Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Windows 11 PC and head to Settings by clicking the three dots on the top right corner, choose Settings from the list.
- Step 2: Go to Appearance on the left side and go to Page zoom on the right.
- Step 3: Set the zoom levels you want as the default. The zoom starts from 25% and goes up to 500%.
You can also override Google Chrome’s default zoom setting for the websites you surf. Go to the three dots in the corner and click the Plus (+) or Minus (-) buttons to zoom in or out, respectively. You can also hold CTRL and scroll the wheel up or down to zoom in or out.
You can also set the font size in the browser to get the zoomed view, go to Settings -> Appearance, and just at the top of the Page zoom, click on Customize fonts. Here you can change the size of the font and set the minimum font size to view them on the page.
This is how you can set default zoom in Google Chrome on your Windows 11 PC. This also works for Mac and other desktop operating systems such as macOS, Linux, etc. Like this content? More such guides can are available in our How-To Guides section. You can also check out some suggested content on Google Chrome.
- How to automatically block third-party cookies in Google Chrome
- How To Open Windows File Explorer In Google Chrome
- How to download and save files directly to Google Drive
- How to use Google Chrome as a calculator
To get updates on the latest tech news, smartphones, and gadgets, make sure you follow us on our social media profiles.