Chinese smartphone brand Huawei at an event in New Delhi today launched the Nova 3 in India. The Nova 3 is a flagship smartphone that was first launched in China more than two weeks ago. However, the Nova 3 isn’t the only smartphone that Huawei launched today in the country. Alongside the Nova 3, Huawei also launched the Huawei Nova 3i in India.
The Huawei Nova 3i is a slightly toned down version of the Nova 3. While the Nova 3 is powered by the company’s flagship Kirin 970 SoC, the Nova 3i is actually powered by Kirin 710 SoC. And, unlike the Nova 3 that only comes in 6 GB RAM option, the Nova 3i comes in 4 GB and 6 GB RAM options. The 4 GB RAM variant comes with 128 GB storage whereas the 6 GB RAM variant comes in two storage options – 64 GB as well as 128 GB. But in India, Huawei has only launched the 4 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant.
Having said that, the Huawei Nova 3i looks very much like the Nova 3. It also sports the same 6.3-inch notched display that comes with an aspect ratio of 19.5:9 and a resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels. As a result, the smartphone flaunts smaller bezels on the left, right and top, with the bottom having a small chin.
Just like the Nova 3, the photography department on the Nova 3i is also handled by quad cameras – two each on the front and back. But, there are some differences here. While the dual camera setup on the front remains the same as that of the Nova 3, the dual camera setup at the back has got a downgrade from 16 MP + 24 MP to 16 MP + 2 MP.
The Huawei Nova 3i runs Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box which is layered with EMUI 8.2 atop which is Huawei’s custom Android skin. And, just like the Nova 3, the Nova 3i also comes with features like 3D Qmoji and GPU Turbo – the latter being a graphics processing acceleration technology that improves graphics performance of a smartphone by 60% while reducing power consumption by 30%.
Also Read: List of Huawei smartphones getting the GPU Turbo update
Lastly, keeping this entire package up and running is a 3340 mAh battery under the hood which is smaller than the 3750 mAh battery on the Nova 3.
Huawei Nova 3i Specifications
- CPU: 2.2 GHz Kirin 710 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- Operating System: EMUI 8.2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.3-inch Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) LCD IPS display with 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP + 2 MP with Portrait Mode, AI Beauty, AI Scene Recognition, 480 FPS Slow-Motion Video Recording and LED flash
- Front Camera: 24 MP + 2 MP with AI + HDR Pro
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Nano
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Face Unlock, GPU Turbo, 3D Qmoji, AI 4D Game, 3D Surround Sound 7.1 Audio, AI Shopping, AI Photo Gallery, Ride Mode, Paytm Quick Payment, aptX, aptX HD
- Battery: 3340 mAh
Huawei Nova 3i Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹20,999
- Availability: Available exclusively on Amazon India from August 7
Huawei Nova 3i Offers
- ₹1000 cashback on pre-booking
- No-cost EMI
- Extra ₹2000 off on exchange
- ₹1200 cashback from Reliance Jio along with 100 GB additional data
- ₹3300 partners voucher