Back in July last year, telecom operator Reliance Jio launched the JioPhone in India. The JioPhone is a feature phone that comes with support for 4G VoLTE. Until now, the JioPhone could be purchased from within the MyJio app, from Jio’s website, or, by heading over to a Reliance Jio retail store. However, it can now be purchased from Amazon India as well.
Yes, the JioPhone is now available for purchase on Amazon India at a price of ₹1500. Of course, this amount is a 100% refundable security deposit which is returned to you after three years, provided you do a recharge of ₹153 every month for three years. Well, this makes the JioPhone “effectively free”.
Having said that, once you have placed the order for JioPhone on Amazon India, it will be delivered to you at the shipping address that you provided at the time of placing the order. Once you receive the JioPhone, you will have to visit the nearest Jio store or Reliance Digital outlet with the phone, packaging box as well as your Aadhar number to activate the phone. Once that’s done, you can do a recharge of either ₹49 or ₹153 and start using the phone.
Also, those making the payment via Amazon Pay will get a cashback of ₹50. Besides, customers will also get another cashback of up to ₹50 if they recharge using Amazon Pay. Both these offers are valid until February 26.
- CPU: 1.2 GHz SPRD 9820A/QC8905 dual-core processor
- RAM: 512 MB
- GPU: Mali-400
- Operating System: KAI OS
- Display: 2.4-inch QVGA (320 x 240 pixels) display
- Rear Camera: 2 MP
- Front Camera: 0.3 MP
- Internal Storage: 4 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Single Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, NFC, FM Radio, 3.5 mm headphone, microUSB 2.0
- Other: JioApps, Jio Assistant, Google Assistant, Facebook, Support for 22 Indian languages, Screen mirroring via JioMediaCable, Torchlight
- Color: Black
- Battery: 2000 mAh removable Li-Poly
So, are you going to buy the JioPhone?