Moto Z2 Force with Snapdragon 835 SoC and Dual Rear Cameras launching in India on February 15
Earlier last week, Lenovo-owned Motorola launched the Moto X4 6 GB RAM variant in India with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box. Now, Motorola is all set to launch yet another smartphone in India next week, and, it’s none other than the Moto Z2 Force.
Motorola India on Twitter has announced that it’s going to launch the Moto Z2 Force in India next week on February 15, a day after the Redmi Note 5 is launched in the country. The launch event of the Moto Z2 Force will start at 12 pm on February 15.
Moreover, the company on Twitter also revealed that the Moto Z2 Force will come bundled with Moto TurboPower Pack Mod that was launched in December last year in India with a price tag of ₹5999.
The Moto Z2 Force was unveiled way back in July last year, and, we feel Motorola has been late in bringing this smartphone to India as it’s been more than six months now since the company launched this smartphone.
Having said that, the highlight of the Moto Z2 Force is its 5.5-inch Quad-HD display which comes with ShaterShield technology that Motorola guarantees won’t crack or shatter. Besides, another highlight of the Moto Z2 Force is the dual camera setup at the back which is a combination of two 12 MP cameras – one monochrome and one color.
Motorola Moto Z2 Force Edition specifications:
- CPU: 2.35 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4 GB
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) POLED shatter-proof display with ShatterShield technology
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 MP (monochrome + color) IMX386 with f/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, Laser Auto-focus, Depth Detection and Depth Effects, 4K video recording and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens and dual-tone LED flash
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM in certain countries
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 (5.0 after Android O update), NFC, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB Type-C, No 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Water repellent nano-coating
- Colors: Super Black, Fine Gold, Lunar Grey (only on T-Mobile)
- Battery: 2730 mAh with Turbo Charging
The Moto Z2 Force is priced at $799 in the US, which is around ₹51,450. However, we expect Motorola to price the Moto Z2 Force somewhere between the ₹45,000 and ₹50,000 range, especially because smartphones like Samsung Galaxy S8 and Google Pixel 2 are available for ₹53,900 and ₹49,999 respectively on Flipkart.
We will know more about the Moto Z2 Force’s price and availability in India once it is launched on February 15.