Lenovo-owned smartphone brand Motorola launched the Moto X4 6 GB RAM variant in India more than two weeks ago. Now today, the company has launched its flagship smartphone in the country – the Motorola Moto Z2 Force – which was first launched way back in July last year.
The Moto Z2 Force is successor to the Moto Z Force that was launched in 2016. Besides, it’s the second smartphone in the Moto Z2 series that’s been launched in India. The first one was the Moto Z2 Play which Motorola launched in India in June last year.
Having said that, the Moto Z2 Force has a design that’s similar to that of the Moto Z2 Play. It’s sleek, boasts uni-body construction, and, is made out of 7000 series aluminium. At the front, there’s a 5.5-inch display with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution. However, it comes with ShatterShield technology, and, Motorola guarantees that the phone’s screen won’t crack or shatter.
Below this display, you have a fingerprint scanner which also supports different gestures that let you navigate across the phone without having to use the on-screen navigation buttons. And, above the display is a 5 MP camera for selfies and video calls.
Moving on to the back, the Moto Z2 Force flaunts a dual camera setup which is a combination of two 12 MP cameras – one monochrome and one color. And, as is with many phones with dual cameras in the market, the Moto Z2 Force also lets its users take photos with Bokeh Effect that blurs the background and helps the subject stand out.
That said, being a flagship smartphone, the Moto Z2 Force is powered by Snapdragon 835 SoC that’s laced with 6 GB RAM and backed by Adreno 540 GPU to manage graphically intensive tasks like playing games. Well, it’s worth noting that Motorola is offering the Moto Z2 Force in India with 6 GB RAM as opposed to 4 GB in other markets.
Lastly, the Moto Z2 Force ships with a 2730 mAh battery that fuels this entire package, and, Motorola has also bundled along the Moto TurboPower Pack Mod with the Moto Z2 Force which provides extra juice to the phone.
Moto Z2 Force Specifications
- CPU: 2.35 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) POLED shatter-proof display with ShatterShield technology
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 MP (monochrome + color) IMX386 with f/2.0 aperture, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, Laser Auto-focus, Pro Mode, Depth Detection and Depth Effects, 4K video recording and dual-tone LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens and dual-tone LED flash
- Internal Storage: 64 GB UFS 2.1
- External Storage: Expandable up to 2 Terabytes via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, USB Type-C, No 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner (supports One button navigation), Water repellent nano-coating, Object & Image Recognition (in Beta)
- Colors: Super Black
- Battery: 2730 mAh with 15W Turbo Charging
Moto Z2 Force Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹34,999
- Availability: Available exclusively on Flipkart starting midnight today. Will also be available through Moto Hubs
Moto Z2 Force Offers
- Comes bundled with Moto TurboPower Pack Mod worth ₹5999 which packs 3490 mAh battery