Nubia Z17 unveiled with Snapdragon 835 SoC, 8 GB RAM and dual rear cameras
After unveiling the Z17 mini in April this year, the ZTE owned Nubia has now unveiled the Nubia Z17. Unlike the Z17 mini, the Nubia Z17 comes with high-end specifications and is also the company’s flagship smartphone for 2017.
The Nubia Z17 is powered by Qualcomm’s latest and greatest Snapdragon 835 SoC which is laced with an insane 8 GB of RAM. There’s also a 6 GB RAM variant though which comes with 64 GB and 128 GB storage options.
The Nubia Z17 sports a 5.5-inch Full-HD display which is kept on by a 3200 mAh battery. It also comes with NeoCharge quick charging technology which is based on Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 4+ technology. Well, what it means is that you can charge the Z17 up to 50 percent under 20 minutes.
The Nubia Z17 also comes with dual camera setup at its back along with fingerprint scanner and flaunts a metal uni-body design. Besides, Nubia says that the Z17 is water-resistant, however, the company didn’t reveal the IP certification for this device.
Nubia Z17 specifications:
- CPU: 2.45 GHz Snapdragon 835 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1. Nougat based on Nubia UI 5.0
- Display: 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with Gorilla Glass protection
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (having f/1.8 aperture) + 23 MP (having f/2.0 aperture) with NeoVision 7.0 and 2x Optical Zoom
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture and 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Internal Storage: 64 GB (for 6 GB RAM variant), 128 GB (for 6 GB and 8 GB RAM variant)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM / Nano-SIM + microSD card)
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster, Water-resistant
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Black Gold, Obsidian Black, Solar Gold, Flame Red
- Battery: 3200 mAh with NeoCharge technology based on Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
Nubia Z17 Price and Availability:
- Price (6 GB RAM + 64 GB internal storage): ¥2799 (around $410/₹26,460)
- Price (6 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage): ¥3399 (around $500/₹32,100)
- Price (8 GB RAM + 128 GB internal storage): ¥3999 (around $585/₹37,800)
- Availability: Goes on sale in China from June 6. No word on availability outside the Chinese market