The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ that were announced last month in Spain were launched in India last week. And, both the smartphones went on sale in the country from yesterday through online and offline channels. While there already are many offers available on both the smartphones, telecom operator Reliance Jio has announced its 70% Buyback Offer for the larger one of the two – the Galaxy S9+.
As a part of Reliance Jio’s Buyback Offer, both existing and new Jio customers buying the Galaxy S9+ will be able to get 70% of the phone’s price mentioned on the invoice after a year. But, it’s worth noting that this 70% Buyback Offer is only available on the 256 GB variant of the Galaxy S9+, which is priced ₹72,900. Let’s take a detailed look at Jio’s 70% Buyback Offer.
Reliance Jio 70% Buyback Offer on Samsung Galaxy S9+
- This offer is only available on 256 GB storage variant of Samsung Galaxy S9+
- The 256 GB variant of Galaxy S9+ is only available through Reliance Digital Stores, Jio.com and Jio Stores (in addition to Samsung Exclusive Stores and Samsung India eStore)
- This offer is available for both new and existing Jio users (who are enrolled in Jio Prime Membership plan)
- This offer is available for Jio users who activate their Jio SIM for the first time on the S9+ before June 15, 2018
- Jio users will get 70% value of the price mentioned on the invoice
- Jio users will have to enroll in the Jio Buyback Offer by paying enrollment fee of ₹500
- Jio users have to stay on the network for the duration of the offer period which is 12 months from the date of activation of Jio SIM on S9+
- Jio users have to do minimum cumulative recharges worth ₹2500 within a year from the date of activation of Jio SIM on S9+
- Buyback amount will be offered to the customers in the form of Buyback Voucher after 12 months from the activation of Jio SIM on S9+
- After 12 months, the customer will have to surrender the S9+, its box, all the accessories, and, the original invoice at Reliance Digital Store to avail the Buyback Voucher
- The customers can then redeem this Buyback Voucher within three months from the date of its availment
- Customers can use this Buyback Voucher to purchase products from Reliance Digital Store
- If the Buyback Voucher remains unredeemed after three months from the date of its availment, it will be forfeited
Well that’s not all, Reliance Jio is also offering unlimited voice calls, SMS and 1 Terabyte of 4G data with complimentary Jio Prime Membership worth ₹15,000 for ₹4999 on the Galaxy S9 and the Galaxy S9+.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Specifications
- CPU: Exynos 9810 SoC
- RAM: 4 GB (6 GB on S9+) LPDDR4X
- Operating System: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.8-inch Quad-HD+ (2960 x 1440 pixels) Curved Super AMOLED Infinity Display (6.2-inch on S9+)
- Rear Camera: 12 MP Super Speed Dual Pixel camera with variable aperture (f/1.5-f/2.4), Optical Image Stabilization, Super Slow-Mo, AR Emoji and LED flash (12 MP + 12 MP on S9+)
- Front Camera: 8 MP with f/1.7 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64/256 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 400 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, NFC, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Recognition, Intelligent Scan, Dolby Atmos, AKG-tuned Stereo Speakers, IP68 Dust and Water Resistance, Bixby, Real-time Translation Heart Rate Monitoring, Knox 3.1
- Colors: Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Lilac Purple
- Battery: 3000 mAh (3500 mAh on S9+) with Fast Wired Charging compatible with Quick Charge 2.0, also supports Wireless Charging
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ Price in India and Availability
- Price of 64 GB storage variant: ₹57,900 (S9), ₹64,900 (S9+)
- Price of 256 GB storage variant: ₹65,900 (S9), ₹72,900 (S9+)
- Availability: Available on Flipkart, Samsung India eStore as well as through offline stores across the country. The 256 GB variant is only available at Reliance Digital Stores, Jio.com, Samsung Exclusive Stores and Samsung India eStore.
So, are you buying the Galaxy S9 or the Galaxy S9+?