Here’s how much the Samsung Galaxy Note8 might cost in India
The much awaited Samsung Galaxy Note8 was unveiled three days ago at an event held in New York. The Galaxy Note8 is successor to last year’s ill fated Galaxy Note7 which was recalled and discontinued because of the battery defects that caused it to overheat and explode. During the unveiling, alongside revealing the Note8 specifications, Samsung also revealed that it will be priced at $1000 in the US, however, as always, there was no information regarding its price in India. Well, according to a latest report, the Samsung Galaxy Note8 is said to be priced more than ₹70,000.
According to a report by BestSmartphonesUnder, the Samsung Galaxy Note8 is said to be priced at ₹74,900 in India. For reference, the Samsung Galaxy S8 was launched in India with a price tag of ₹57,900, whereas, the larger Galaxy S8+ came with a price tag of ₹64,900.
Samsung also launched the Galaxy S8+ with 6 GB RAM and 128 GB internal storage later in India with a price tag of ₹74,990. However, this variant has seen multiple price cuts in India and is now available for ₹65,900. Well, as the S8+ 6 GB RAM variant now costs only ₹1000 more than the the standard S8+, we are expecting Samsung to reduce the price of the standard S8+ as well as the smaller S8 in India in the coming days.
Coming back to the Galaxy Note8, it’s said to be launched in India on September 11 and sold online exclusively through Amazon India while also being sold through Samsung’s own website and offline retail stores. For now, there isn’t any word from Samsung regarding the launch and price of the Galaxy Note8 in India, however, we might see Samsung actually launching the Galaxy Note8 in India on or around September 11, with sales starting from the beginning of October.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifications:
- Display: 6.3-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity Display (2960 x 1440 pixels resolution | 521 ppi), Always On Display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 on top
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, at the back (next to the rear camera)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Protection: IP68 Ratings (dust and water resistant), Scratch resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 5, IP68 for S-Pen
- Software: Android 7.1.1 Nougat, TouchWiz UI, Bixby Assistant
- CPU: Up to 2.35 GHz octa-core processor (4 x Samsung M2 cores & 4 x Cortex-A53 cores), 10 nm Samsung Exynos 8895 SoC OR up to 2.45 GHz octa-core Kyro 280 processor, 10nm Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC – Market dependent
- GPU: Mali-G71 MP20 (546 MHz)
- Memory: 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 64 GB or 128 GB or 256 GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, MicroSD up to 256 GB
- Main Camera: Dual Cameras with Dual OIS, 12 MP f/1.7 Dual Pixel for wide angle, 12 MP f/2.4 for Telephoto, 2X optical zoom, 10X digital zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4K 2160p video @30fps, 1080p video @60fps, Slow Motion 720p video @240fps
- Front Camera: 8 MP f/1.7, wide angle, Iris Scanning, Facial Recognition, QHD 1440p video @30fps
- Connectivity: USB 3.1 (type-c), Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, MST, GPS
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Cellular: 4G LTE network, dual nano SIM (GSM Bands), SIM2 as MicroSD, VoLTE-enabled, Cat.16 5CA 1 Gbps (download) and Cat.13 2CA 150 MBps (upload) LTE modem
- Battery: 3,300 mAh Li-Ion (non-removable), Wireless Charging (WPC & PMA), Fast Charging QuickCharge 2.0
- Charging: Fast Charging on wired and wireless, Wireless Charging compatible with WPC and PMA
- Dimensions: 162.5 mm x 74.8 mm x 8.6 mm (Galaxy Note 8), 5.8 mm x 4.2 mm x 108.3 mm (S-Pen)
- Weight: 195 grams (Galaxy Note 8), 2.8 grams (S-Pen)
- Colors: Midnight Black, Orchid Gray, Maple Gold, Deepsea Blue.
By the way, what do you think should be the ideal price of Samsung Galaxy Note8 in India?