Like many other smartphone manufacturers, Samsung too has an MWC event scheduled on February 26. While it’s not going to unveil the Galaxy S8 during MWC, it’s now said to unveil the launch date instead.
Samsung’s President made it clear last month that the company wasn’t going to unveil the Galaxy S8 at MWC. While Samsung is rumored to launch the Galaxy S8 on March 29, Samsung’s President DJ Koh has now said that the company will confirm the launch date of the Galaxy S8 during MWC.
Having said that, we think that the launch date will indeed be March 29 with the device going on sale in April. The Galaxy S8 is said to be powered by Snapdragon 835 which will be coupled with 4 GB RAM and 64 GB internal storage. But, there have also been rumors of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant of the Galaxy S8.
Also, while the Galaxy S8 is said to sport a 5.8-inch QHD display, the Galaxy S8+ would come with a 6.2-inch QHD display. Speaking of pricing, the Galaxy S8 might be priced at €799 whereas the Galaxy S8+ would come with a price tag of €899.
Expected Samsung Galaxy S8 specifications:
- CPU: Snapdragon 835
- RAM: 4 GB
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Display: 5.8/6.2-inch QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with flash
- Front Camera: 8 MP
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Iris Scanner, 3.5 mm audio jack, USB Type-C
- Battery: 3000 mAh (5.8-inch model), 3500 mAh (6.2-inch model)
We are not even two weeks away from MWC 2017, hence, expect to hear more about all the upcoming smartphones before they are made official at MWC.