There’s so much of hype right now surrounding the OnePlus 6 that’s going to launch globally on May 16 at an event in London, followed by a May 17 launch in India and China. We keep hearing about the OnePlus 6 at regular interval – either from OnePlus, or through leaks and rumors doing rounds on the Internet. By now, we already know quite a lot about the OnePlus 6, and thanks to some images leaked previously, we do know what this smartphone will look like. However, thanks to Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, we are now getting a look at the OnePlus 6 in two different colors – Black and White.
Amitabh Bachchan shared images of his meeting with OnePlus CEO Pete Lau on Twitter. However, in doing so, he accidentally revealed the OnePlus 6 that he and Lau were holding. Bachchan can be seen holding the black colored variant of the OnePlus 6, whereas Lau has the white variant of the OnePlus 6 with him.
The image shows off the back side of the OnePlus 6, and, the design we are looking at is in line with what we have seen previously. The back of the OnePlus 6 looks similar to the Samsung Galaxy S9+ because of the dual camera setup placed in the center in vertical orientation, with oval shaped fingerprint scanner right below it. Below the fingerprint scanner is the OnePlus logo, however, the heart rate sensor that was teased by OnePlus yesterday is nowhere seen on the OnePlus 6 in this image.
With that being said, the black colored variant that Amitabh Bachchan is holding has a glass back, however, the same cannot be said for the white colored variant that Lau is holding. Does this mean we are looking at Sandstone back variant as well? Well, you never know. However, it’s worth noting that OnePlus had launched a Sandstone White variant of OnePlus 5T earlier this year, so we aren’t entirely ruling out the possibility of OnePlus launching a Sandstone White variant of OnePlus 6 as well.
That said, alongside accidentally revealing the OnePlus 6 in black and white colors, Amitabh Bachchan also confirmed his presence at the OnePlus 6 launch event in India that’s slated for May 17 in Mumbai. If you have purchased the tickets to the event, you might get to say “Hi” to him.
OnePlus 6 Specifications [Expected]
- CPU: 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor (confirmed)
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X (confirmed)
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: HydrogenOS (in China) / OxygenOS (rest of the world) based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.28-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 and 19:9 aspect ratio (confirmed)
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (f/1.7) + 20 MP (f/1.7) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB (with 6 GB RAM), 256 GB (with 8 GB RAM, confirmed)
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, USB OTG, 3.5 mm headphone jack, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Scanner, Water Resistant, Heart Rate Sensor, 960 FPS Super Slo Mo
- Colors: Midnight Black, Slate Grey/Sandstone White, Coral Blue
- Battery: 3300 mAh with Dash Charge v2 (confirmed)
OnePlus 6 Price [Expected]
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: CNY 3299 / ₹36,999
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: CNY 3799 / ₹39,999
- Price of 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage variant: CNY 4399 / ₹45,999