POCO F1 to get Android Pie open beta next month
Earlier this week, Xiaomi sub-brand POCO released a closed beta of Android 9.0 Pie for POCO F1. And now, the company has confirmed that it will release open beta of Android 9.0 Pie for this smartphone next month.
POCO, in a post of MIUI Forums, has confirmed that the Android 9.0 Pie open beta update for POCO F1 will be released in December, and that the company is “running the final test now”. In addition to that, the company also confirmed to have fixed the touch lag issue on the POCO F1. Apart from that, POCO also said that support for Dark Mode in POCO Launcher will be rolled out through a beta update on Play Store from next week.
The POCO F1 was launched in India back in August, and it booted up to MIUI 9 based on Android Oreo, but, POCO did roll out MIUI 10 Global Stable ROM update for POCO F1 in India earlier this month. That said, while the POCO F1 is yet to receive the stable build of Android Pie, the company has confirmed that it will update the POCO F1 with Android Q after its release next year.
There’s still so much time for Android Q to be released, so let’s see when exactly does POCO roll-out the stable build of Android Pie for POCO F1.
POCO F1 Specifications
- CPU: 2.8 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.18-inch Full-HD+ (2246 x 1080 pixels) IPS display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 403 ppi pixel density
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (1.4μm pixel size, f/1.9 aperture) dual pixel auto-focus + 5 MP (1.2μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture) with Portrait Mode, HDR, AI Beauty Mode, AI Scene Detection, EIS for video recording, and, dual LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP Super Pixel with f/2.0 aperture, AI Portrait Mode, AI Scene Detection
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB UFS 2.1 (with 6 GB RAM), 256 GB UFS 2.1 (with 8 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid Slot
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 3.5 mm headphone jack, USB Type-C
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Face Unlock, LiquiCool Technology, P2i Water Repellent Coating
- Colors: Graphite Black, Steel Blue, Rosso Red, Armored Edition (only available with 8 GB RAM variant)
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 4.0 (bundled adapter supports Quick Charge 3.0)
POCO F1 Price in India and Availability
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹20,999
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant: ₹23,999
- Price of 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage variant: ₹28,999
- Availability: Available on Mi.com and Flipkart, as well as through Mi Home and Mi Preferred Partner Stores
Do check out our POCO F1 review if you are planning to buy one.