OnePlus 6 specs leaked online, Snapdragon 845 SoC and 6.28-inch 19:9 display in tow
We wouldn’t be surprised if the OnePlus 6 looks like the OPPO R15, because last year’s OnePlus 5 and 5T both looked like OPPO R11 and R11s respectively
Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus launched the OnePlus 5T last year in November. And, the company has already confirmed that it’s going to launch the OnePlus 6 in late June. Well, while we are still three months away from its launch, leaks and rumors surrounding the OnePlus 6 have already started doing rounds on the Internet. And the latest information that has surfaced online does reveal more details of this upcoming OnePlus flagship.
An image of the specs sheet (pictured below) of the OnePlus 6 has surfaced online. According to this specs sheet, the OnePlus 6 – with model number A6000 – is powered by Qualcomm’s latest and greatest Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor that’s clocked at 2.7 GHz. Well, this isn’t anything surprising to see as past OnePlus flagships like OnePlus 3T, 5 and 5T all came with Qualcomm’s latest flagship chips under the hood.
The OnePlus 6 has 6 GB RAM with 128 GB of internal storage. However, there definitely will be an 8 GB RAM variant which is said to come with 256 GB of internal storage. That said, an alleged live image of the OnePlus 6 that was leaked some time ago hinted at 6 GB RAM + 64 GB storage combo.
Moving on, the leaked specs sheet also reveals a 3450 mAh battery under the hood with the smartphone running Android 8.1 Oreo. For photography, there’s a 20 MP camera on the front with f/2.0 aperture, and, a dual camera setup at the back consisting of one 20 MP and one 16 MP cameras – both having f/1.7 aperture.
Lastly, the OnePlus 6 also has a 6.28-inch AMOLED display having an aspect ratio of 19:9 and a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels. Well, this aspect ratio of 19:9 adds fuel to the rumors regarding the presence of a notch on this 2018 OnePlus flagship.
Well, most of these specifications are similar to the ones we saw on the recently announced OPPO R15. In fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if the OnePlus 6 looks like the OPPO R15, because last year’s OnePlus 5 and 5T both looked like OPPO R11 and R11s respectively.
OnePlus 6 Specifications [Expected]
- CPU: 2.7 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: HydrogenOS (in China) / OxygenOS (rest of the world) based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.28-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 5 and 19:9 aspect ratio
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (f/1.7) + 20 MP (f/1.7) with LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB (with 6 GB RAM), 256 GB (with 8 GB RAM)
- SIM: Dual Nano SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi, USB OTG, 3.5 mm headphone jack, NFC, USB Type-C
- Other: Face Unlock, Fingerprint Scanner
- Battery: 3450 mAh with Dash Charge
Expect to hear more about the OnePlus 6 in the coming weeks as we inch closer to its late June launch.