OnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 6T earlier this week on October 29 at an event in New York, and then the very next day, on October 30, OnePlus launched the OnePlus 6T in India at an event held in New Delhi. The smartphone went on sale in India through Amazon yesterday, and soon after the sales began, OnePlus began its attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for the title of ‘Most people unboxing simultaneously’. Well, thanks to the highly enthusiastic OnePlus community, the China-based smartphone brand succeeded in setting this Guinness World Record.
A total of 559 OnePlus community members came together at Richardson and Cruddas in Mumbai for this event. The attempt to set a new Guinness World Record for the title of ‘Most people unboxing simultaneously’ began at 8.30 pm on November 1, i.e., yesterday, and, at 9.30 pm, the global authority on world records – Guinness World Records – confirmed this record.
Participant members were able to get their hands-on the OnePlus 6T on the same day it went on sale because of Amazon’s Prime Now – a service that promises 2-hour delivery of products in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
“At OnePlus, we are constantly working on creating a great user experience which goes beyond the device itself and the recent GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS attempt was one such endeavor. Unboxing a new phone is a very special occasion and for our latest flagship OnePlus 6T, it was truly a heartwarming moment to see hundreds of community members coming together to create history.” said Vikas Agarwal, General Manager, OnePlus India.
“I was amazed with the kind of energy and enthusiasm that was exhibited by the OnePlus community and breaking of this record is a reinforcement of the brand’s popularity in India. This is another meaningful benchmark OnePlus has set for the industry, together with its loyal community,” said Rishi Nath, Adjudicator, Guinness World Records.
OnePlus 6T Specifications
- CPU: 2.8 GHz Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Operating System: OxygenOS based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Display: 6.41-inch Full-HD+ (2340 x 1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED display with 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D Gorilla Glass 6, DCI-P3 and sRGB support, Night Mode, Reading Mode
- Rear Camera: 16 MP (Sony IMX 519, f/1.7 aperture, 1.22 µm pixel size, EIS, OIS, PDAF) + 20 MP (Sony IMX 376K, f/1.7 aperture, 1.0 µm pixel size, PDAF) with AI Scene Detection, Portrait Mode, Pro Mode, RAW Image Support, Nightscape, Studio Lighting, HDR, 4K recording at 30/60 FPS, 1080p recording at 30/60 FPS, 720p recording at 30 FPS, Super Slow Motion recording (1080p at 240 FPS, 720p at 780 FPS) and dual-LED flash
- Front Camera: 16 MP (Sony IMX 371) with f/2.0 aperture, 1.0 µm pixel size, EIS, Portrait Mode, Studio Lighting, HDR and Screen Flash
- Internal Storage: 128 GB (with 6 and 8 GB RAM variants), 256 GB (with 8 GB RAM variant) UFS 2.1 2-Lane
- SIM: Dual Nano
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, DL CAT16/ UL CAT13 (1Gbps/150 Mbps), 2×2 MIMO, USB OTG, NFC, USB Type-C 2.0 (no 3.5 mm headphone jack)
- Other: In-Display Fingerprint Scanner (Screen Unlock), Face Unlock, Water Resistant, Alert Slider, Dirac HD Sound, Dirac Power Sound, aptX, aptX HD, Smart Boost, Navigation Gestures 2.0
- Colors: Mirror Black, Midnight Black
- Battery: 3700 mAh with OnePlus Fast Charge (5V/4A)
OnePlus 6T Price in India and Availability
- Price of 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage (in Mirror Black only): ₹37,999
- Price of 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage (in Mirror Black and Midnight Black): ₹41,999
- Price of 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage (in Midnight Black only): ₹45,999
- Availability: Available exclusively on Amazon India as well as OnePlus India’s official website. Will go on sale through Reliance Digital and Croma stores across the country from November 3.
OnePlus 6T Launch Offers
- ₹2000 instant cashback on purchases through ICICI Bank Credit and Debit Cards
- ₹2000 instant cashback on purchases through Citi Bank Credit Cards
- No-cost EMI
- Discount of up to ₹500 on any Kindle eBook
- Accidental and Liquid Damage Protection worth ₹2000 on opening a Kotak 811 account
- Cashback of ₹5400 from Reliance Jio in the form of 36 vouchers worth ₹150 each
- Up to 3 Terabytes of additional 4G data from Reliance Jio
- ₹1000 cashback in the form of Amazon Pay balance