Vodafone VoLTE service launched in Karnataka
The VoLTE service is currently only launched in the cities of Bengaluru, Mysore and Belgaum, but, Vodafone has said that it will roll-out VoLTE service in other cities of the state soon
Telecom operator Vodafone is slowly expanding its VoLTE footprint in different parts of the country. The telco first launched its VoLTE service in Gujarat in February this year, and after that, it has rolled out the VoLTE service in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra & Goa, Rajasthan and Haryana circles. Yesterday, Vodafone launched its VoLTE service in UP West, and today, it has announced the launch of VoLTE in Karnataka.
But, the VoLTE service hasn’t gone live across the entire state of Karnataka, as Vodafone has currently only launched it in the cities of Bengaluru, Mysore and Belgaum. However, Vodafone has said that it will launch the VoLTE service in other cities of the state soon, which will eventually cover the entire state.
That said, this VoLTE service brings in benefits like faster call setup time and HD quality voice calls to the customers at no extra cost. But, the customers are required to have a Vodafone 4G SIM and VoLTE-enabled handset. You can check out the entire list of smartphones compatible with Vodafone VoLTE here.
Commenting on the launch of Vodafone VoLTE, Amit Kapur, Business Head – Karnataka, Vodafone India, said, “We have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade and modernise our network to ensure that we provide the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our valued customers. We are delighted that Vodafone is now launching VoLTE services in Karnataka with cities like Bangalore, Mysore & Belgaum and will soon extend it to other key cities. Vodafone VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing customer experience and enabling our customers in Karnataka to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.