Telecom operator Vodafone launched its VoLTE service in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR and key cities of Gujarat (Surat and Ahmedabad) earlier in February. A week later, the telco expanded its VoLTE service across 18 more cities of Gujarat. And, two days ago, Vodafone launched its VoLTE service in Maharashtra and Goa. Now today, Vodafone has announced the launch of its VoLTE service in Rajasthan as well.
Vodafone has launched its VoLTE service in Rajasthan, but, it isn’t available across the state. Instead, the service is currently only available in Jodhpur and Jaipur, which are the key cities of the state. However, Vodafone in a press statement has said that it will expand its VoLTE footprint in other cities of the state soon.
With the launch of VoLTE service, Vodafone customers in Jaipur and Jodhpur will now be able to enjoy HD quality voice calls and faster call setup time without having to pay anything extra. However, it’s needless to say that customers will be required to own a VoLTE-enabled smartphone with a Vodafone 4G SIM in it to be able to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. You can click here to see the list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE service.
Commenting on the launch of VoLTE service in Rajasthan, Amit Bedi, Business Head – Rajasthan, Vodafone India, said, “We have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade and modernise our network to ensure that we provide the finest service experience and seamless connectivity to our valued customers. We are delighted that Vodafone is the first GSM operator to launch VoLTE services in Rajasthan beginning with Jaipur and Jodhpur and soon extend it to other key cities. Vodafone VoLTE is a step further towards enhancing customer experience and enabling our customers in Rajasthan to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.