Telecom operator Vodafone rolled out its VoLTE service first in Gujarat in February this year, and since then, it has expanded its VoLTE footprint across different circles like Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Maharashtra & Goa, Rajasthan, and earlier this month, in Haryana. Well, further expanding its VoLTE coverage, Vodafone has now launched its VoLTE service in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
However, Vodafone hasn’t launched the VoLTE service across the entire state, instead, the service has only been launched in cities of UP West circle like Agra, Aligarh, Bareilly, Bijnor, Budaun, Bulandshahar, Dehradun, Etawah, Firozabad, Roorkee, Hardwar, Haldwani, Mainpuri, Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Rudrapur, Rampur and Saharanpur. That said, Vodafone will be rolling out its VoLTE service in a phased manner in the coming months in different parts of the country.
Having said that, with the launch of VoLTE service, Vodafone customers in aforementioned cities of UP West can now enjoy benefits like HD quality voice calls and faster call setup time. And, what’s worth noting is that the customers don’t have to pay anything extra for these benefits.
However, Vodafone customers can only enjoy VoLTE service if they have a Vodafone 4G SIM and a VoLTE-enabled handset. You can get your 2G/3G SIM upgraded to 4G by visiting your nearest store, and, you can click here to see the list of smartphones that are compatible with Vodafone VoLTE.
Commenting on the launch of Vodafone VoLTE, Dilip Kumar Ganta, Business Head – UP West, Vodafone India, said, “As a leading telecom services provider in UP West, we have been making significant investments to expand, upgrade our network and to deploy new technologies, so as to ensure that we provide the finest service experience to our valued customers. We are delighted to inform that Vodafone is the first GSM service provider to launch VoLTE services in UP West circle beginning with Meerut, Agra, Dehradun, Bareilly, Saharanpur, Aligarh, Haldwani & Moradabad. These services will soon be extended to other key cities. Vodafone VoLTE is a big step towards further enhancing our customer experience and enabling our customers in UP West to explore newer possibilities with their smart devices.”
How to enable Vodafone VoLTE on your smartphone ?
- Check whether your device is compatible with Vodafone’s VoLTE network (click here to see the list or SMS ‘4G CHECK’ to 199)
- Make sure your smartphone is running the latest version of the software provided by the smartphone manufacturer
- Upgrade to a Vodafone 4G SIM if you are currently using a 2G/3G SIM. You can get it upgraded by visiting your nearest Vodafone store.
- If your smartphone supports VoLTE technology, make sure it’s turned on by going to the Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Enable 4G > Turn on Voice & Data menu on iOS device, or, Settings > Mobile Network > Turn on VoLTE call menu on Android device. That said, the option might be tucked inside a different setting based on which company’s Android smartphone you are using.
- More importantly, if your smartphone supports Dual SIM, be sure to put the Vodafone 4G SIM inside the first slot if you wish to use Vodafone’s VoLTE services. Also, don’t forget to set the Network Type to Auto by going to the Settings > SIM Networks > Preferred Network Type > 4G/3G/2G menu. Again, the location of the option would vary based on the smartphone.