More than two months ago, Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi launched a total of three new smartphones in India – the Redmi 6, the Redmi 6A, and the Redmi 6 Pro. And now today, at an event in New Delhi, Xiaomi has launched one more smartphone in the country – the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro was first launched in Thailand back in late September this year, and, it’s a successor to the Redmi Note 5 Pro that was launched in India back in February this year. The Redmi Note 6 Pro looks very similar to the Redmi Note 5 Pro, however, the Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with a notch which isn’t present on its predecessor.
That said, the hardware under the hood on Redmi Note 6 Pro is also similar to that of the Redmi Note 5 Pro. Like the Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Redmi Note 6 Pro is also powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 636 SoC. The smartphone comes with up to 6 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and 64 GB of storage on-board. However, you can further expand the storage via microSD card if you want.
On the software front, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro boots up to MIUI 10 which is based on Android Oreo. That said, for photography, the Redmi Note 6 Pro comes with quad cameras – two each on the front and back. For those unaware, the Redmi Note 6 Pro is also the first Xiaomi smartphone come with quad cameras.
The dual camera setup at the back consists of one 12 MP and one 5 MP camera, whereas, the dual camera setup on the front includes one 20 MP and one 2 MP camera. The smartphone also comes with some AI-based camera features like AI Portrait Mode and AI Scene Detection.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro also has a fingerprint scanner at the back for additional security, and, it packs in a huge 4000 mAh battery that keeps the entire package up and running. The smartphone also flaunts a 6.26-inch display that has aspect ratio of 19:9 and a resolution of 2280 x 1080 pixels.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 636 octa-core processor
- RAM: 4/6 GB LPDDR4X
- GPU: Adreno 509
- Operating System: MIUI 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo
- Display: 6.26-inch Full-HD+ (2280 x 1080 pixels) 19:9 display with 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass, 403 ppi pixel density, 1500:1 contrast ratio and 500 nits brightness
- Rear Camera: 12 MP (f/1.9 aperture, 1.4 μm pixel size) Dual Pixel Autofocus + 5 MP (depth sensor) with Electronic Image Stabilization, AI Portrait 2.0 (Adjustable Bokeh, Light Trails, Studio Lighting), AI Dynamic Bokeh, AI Scene Detection and LED flash
- Front Camera: 20 MP (f/2.0 aperture, 1.8 μm pixel size) + 2 MP (depth sensor)
- Internal Storage: 64 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid Slot
- Connectivity: Dual VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, FM Radio, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, Full Screen Gestures, Wi-Fi Passthrough
- Colors: Black, Blue, Rose Gold, Red
- Battery: 4000 mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 (bundled adapter supports 10W charging only)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Price in India and Availability
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹13,999 (special price of ₹12,999 for tomorrow’s sale)
- Price of 4 GB RAM + 64 GB storage variant: ₹15,999 (special price of ₹14,999 for tomorrow’s sale)
- Availability: Available through Flipkart tomorrow starting at 12 pm. Will also be available for purchase through Mi.com and Mi Home stores across the country.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro Offers
- Will ship with Ultra Slim case
- Cashback of ₹2400 from Reliance Jio and up to 6 Terabytes of data
- Cashback of ₹500 from HDFC Bank for tomorrow’s sale on Flipkart