Nokia 2.1 gets Android Pie update
HMD Global started rolling out Android Pie update for Nokia 6 (2017) yesterday. The company even rolled out Android Pie for Nokia 8 in India. And now, HMD is rolling out this latest version of Android to Nokia 2.1.
As always, this announcement comes through Juho Sarvikas – Chief Product Officer at HMD Global – who tweeted “Get it while it’s hot! Our latest Android 9 Pie update is rolling out now. Nokia 2.1 just keeps getting better.”
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) February 21, 2019
The Nokia 2.1 was announced last year in May and was then launched in India later in August. The smartphone was launched with Android 8.1 Oreo, but, do note that it is an Android Go smartphone, so it shipped with Android Oreo (Go Edition). Well, this also means that the Android Pie update that’s rolling out for Nokia 2.1 right now is a lightweight version of Android Pie we see on non-Go smartphones.
Last month, HMD said that it would roll out Android Pie for Nokia 2.1 in Q1 of 2019, and, by commencing the roll out of Android Pie today, the company has kept its promise. However, HMD has missed the update schedule for Nokia 3.1 Plus which was slated to receive Android Pie last month.
Nokia 2.1 Specifications
- CPU: 1.4 GHz Snapdragon 425 quad-core processor
- RAM: 1 GB DDR3
- GPU: Adreno 308
- Operating System: Android 8.1 Oreo (Go Edition), Android Pie rolling out
- Display: 5.5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) display with anti-FP coating
- Rear Camera: 8 MP with LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP
- Internal Storage: 8 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 via microSD card
- SIM: Dual Hybrid SIM Slot
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3.5 mm headphone jack, micro USB
- Other: Dual Front Speakers
- Colors: Blue-Copper, Blue-Silver, Grey-Silver
- Battery: 4000 mAh
Nokia 2.1 Price in India and Availability
- Price: ₹6999
- Availability: Available through Nokia India’s website as well as offline retail stores across the country
Let’s see which Nokia smartphone gets Android Pie next.