Xiaomi launching a ‘Compact Powerhouse’ in India on March 14, could be the Redmi 5
Last month, on Valentine’s Day, Xiaomi launched three products in India – the Redmi Note 5, the Redmi Note 5 Pro, and the Mi LED TV 4K. And, two days ago, Xiaomi launched the 32-inch and 43-inch models of the Mi LED Smart TV 4A in India. Now, Xiaomi has announced that it’s going to launch a new smartphone in India next week on March 14.
#CompactPowerhouse is launching on 14th March!
Slim, sleek and compact! Yet a true super power house!
Guess what this is? 🤔 RT if you are excited 😎 pic.twitter.com/kusimWUC2B
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) March 8, 2018
Manu Jain – Global VP of Xiaomi and MD of Xiaomi India – shared a teaser image on Twitter by tweeting “#CompactPowerhouse is launching on 14th March! Slim, sleek and compact! Yet a true super power house!” The teaser image shared by Jain doesn’t reveal the name of the smartphone that Xiaomi is going to launch in India, but, going by the hashtag #CompactPowerhouse and the outline of the smartphone in teaser image with tall screen, it looks like the company is going to launch the Redmi 5 on March 14 in India.
For those unaware, Xiaomi launched the Redmi 5 in China last December. It is a budget smartphone and is successor to the Redmi 4. The Redmi 5 comes with trimmed bezels as compared to its predecessor, and, features a tall 5.7-inch display that has an aspect ratio of 18:9.
The Xiaomi Redmi 5 is powered by Snapdragon 450 SoC which is paired with 2 or 3 GB RAM. The 2 GB RAM variant comes with 16 GB of internal storage whereas the 3 GB RAM variant comes with 32 GB of internal storage. You can check out full specifications below.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Specifications
- CPU: 1.8 GHz Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- GPU: Adreno 506
- Operating System: MIUI 9 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ (1440 x 720 pixels) Full-Screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio with 2.5D curved glass
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with Smart Beauty 3.0 Mode, 1.25μm pixel size and LED flash
- Front Camera: 5 MP with flash
- Internal Storage: 16 GB (with 2 GB RAM), 32 GB (with 3 GB RAM)
- External Storage: Expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, micro USB, 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Other: Fingerprint Scanner, IR Blaster
- Colors: Black, Light Blue, Gold, Rose Gold
- Battery: 3300 mAh
As always, we can expect Xiaomi to reveal details of this smartphone by sharing teaser videos and images on social media in the coming days until the phone goes official on March 14.